Neil Mansho Khilnani, M.D.
Dr. Neil Khilnani's clinical and research interest is the minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins. Using advanced techniques such as endovenous thermal ablation with laser (EVLT), sclerotherapy and microphlebectomy, most varicose veins can eliminated without the need for surgery. These outpatient treatments are performed in an office without the need for anesthesia and the recovery after them is very short.
Dr. Khilnani received a Bachelors degree in Bioengineering from Princeton University and an MD from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. After an Internship at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, he completed a residency in Radiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia University Medical Center where he served as Chief Resident in his final year. He received additional sub-specialty fellowship training in Vascular and Interventional Radiology at the NYP-Columbia University Medical Center and The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University prior to joining the faculty at Cornell.
Dr. Khilnani has been a member of the Division of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology at the New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center since 1992. He is an Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University. He is also on the Faculty at the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University.
Dr. Khilnani's clinical and research interests include full-time involvement in the minimally invasive therapy for chronic venous insufficiency and varicose veins. He is a member of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology and of the American College of Phlebology. He serves as Secretary on the Executive Committee and is a member of the Board of Directors of the American College of Phlebology. He is a member of the Venous Service Line of the Society of Interventional Radiology.
Dr. Khilnani is frequently invited as a speaker at surgical, phlebological and interventional radiology meetings related to venous disorders. He is currently Chair of the CME committee of the American College of Phlebology.
Dr. Khilnani is the Program Director of the Interventional Radiology Fellowship at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical College. He is also a faculty member for the Anatomy course for the First-Year Medical Students at the Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Vascular is located on the fourth floor of the newly renovated Cornell building at 2315 Broadway, on the SW corner of 84th Street. It is close to the 86th Street station for the 1 train. Discounted parking is available at Central Parking System, 157 West 83rd Street, between Columbus and Amsterdam Avenues. Street parking is frequently available in the area as well.
To schedule a consultation please call 646-962-9179.
The Weill Cornell Vascular website can be found at www.cornellvascular.com
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Radiology, Vascular/Interventional
- Varicose Veins
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- Sclerotherapy of Varicose Vein
- Laser Ablation of Varicose Veins With Microphlebectomy
- Venous (Peripheral) Insufficiency
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Deep Vein Thrombosis of Iliac Vein
Contact and Practices
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- B.S.E., Princeton University, 1982
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1986