Neel Mehta, M.D.
Dr. Neel Mehta is both board-certified in Anesthesia, and fellowship trained, board- certified in Interventional Pain Medicine. He is currently the Medical Director of Pain Medicine at the Weill-Cornell Pain Medicine Center, and New York Presbyterian Hospital, overseeing outpatient and inpatient services together with a large team of dedicated Pain and Regional Anesthesia Physicians.
Pain is one of the most common reasons people consult a physician, yet it is often inadequately treated. Dr. Mehta's goals are to optimize pain control, enhance functional ability as well as physical and psychological well-being, and quality of life. He focuses on, but is not limited to, musculoskeletal pain of the back, neck, and joints, neuropathic disorders, and cancer pain.
His clinical interests lie in the minimally invasive procedures to treat musculoskeletal pain, including various types of injections, intrathecal pump therapy, Spinal Cord Stimulation, and the MILD© Procedure (Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression) for Spinal Stenosis. He is an active participant in research regarding Spinal Cord Stimulation, and has published numerous textbook chapters on Cancer Pain, Back Pain, and Spinal Cord Stimulation.
He completed his fellowship in Interventional Pain Medicine in the Tri-Institutional Pain Medicine Fellowship at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center, Hospital for Special Surgery and Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in 2010. He completed his Anesthesia residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center in 2009. He earned his Medical Degree in 2005 from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts, and completed his Medicine Internship at Caritas Carney Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.
He is an active member of the American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA), American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA), the North American Neuromodulation Society, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP), Eastern Pain Society, and the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists (NYSSA). He resides on the Executive Board of the New York Society of Interventional Pain Physicians.
Dr. Mehta practices anesthesiology as well as pain management in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. His interests encompass both patient care and education.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Pain Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Pain Due to Spinal Stenosis
- Stenosis of Lumbosacral Spine
- Spinal Stenosis, Thoracic
- Spinal Stenosis of Thoracic Region
- Spinal Stenosis of Lumbar Region
- Spinal Stenosis Surgery
- Degenerative Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Neck and Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Joint Pain
- Cancer Pain Management
- Neuropathic Pain
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Implants
- Pain Medicine
- M.D., Tufts University School of Medicine, 2005