Melanie Wilson-Taylor, M.D.
General pediatrics in an academic setting provides an opportunity to educate the patient and his or her family. Providing anticipatory guidance can be one of the most challenging tasks in general pediatrics, but the impact of initiating and maintaining healthy habits can last a lifetime. In addition, training residents in a learning environment ensures that the next generation of physicians will continue to provide excellent health care.
Melanie Wilson-Taylor, MD is an Instructor in the Division of General Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College and an assistant attending pediatrician in the newborn nursery at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. She is board-eligible in Pediatrics.
After earning an undergraduate degree in Economics at Yale University, Dr. Wilson-Taylor achieved her medical degree at Weill Cornell Medical College. During her medical school training, she was awarded a National Medical Fellowship and served as a Community Service Research Fellow. Dr. Wilson-Taylor completed her residency in pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, where she also served as Chief Resident.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Wilson-Taylor has an interest in patient/family-oriented anticipatory guidance and resident education. She is a co-director of the Residents for "Healthy City Kids" program, a community pediatrics training initiative in obesity prevention. This residency-led program is conducted at the Lenox Hill Neighborhood House Early Childhood Center teaching parents of pre-school children age-appropriate healthy lifestyle habits. She is investigating resident knowledge, attitudes and behaviors related to community pediatrics.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Honors and Awards
- National Medical Fellowships Community Service Research Fellow 2003-2004
- General Pediatrics
Contact and Practices
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, 2004