Martin R. Prince, M.D., Ph.D.
Martin R. Prince developed the Nitinol IVC Filter during undergraduate and master's thesis research in Mechanical Engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. At Harvard Medical School, he graduated cum laude based on his MD thesis research on the interaction of laser radiation with vascular tissues. During his doctoral thesis research in Medical Engineering and Physics at MIT, he developed techniques for laser fragmentation of calcific plaque and other calcific materials. This led to introduction of the laser lithotrytor for fragmentation of kidney stones. His doctoral thesis research also included invention of several optical fiber devices that are being commercialized for optical diagnostic techniques.
He completed an internship in internal medicine at the University of California at San Francisco, Moffit Hospital, and then a residency in radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital as well as fellowships in MRI and Angiography at Massachusetts General Hospital. While at MGH, Dr. Prince developed high-dose, gadolinium-enhanced MR Angiography. After a short appointment as research scientist at Harvard Medical School, he took a position as Assistant Professor of Radiology at the University of Michigan and later as co-director of MRI. At Michigan, Dr. Prince developed a bolus triggering Gd:MRA technique which GE commercialized as MR Smartprep. He extensively investigated dynamic gadolinium contrast injection schemes eventually developing the SmartSet hand injection system for MR Angiography and creating TopSpins, Inc. to commercialize it. He established the safety of high-dose gadolinium in patients with renal insufficiency and working with Jeff Maki, articulated the artifacts on 3D Gd:MRA related to contrast concentration variations in Fourier Space. Working with James Meaney, he developed bolus chase MR Angiography which has been commercialized by all scanner manufacturers for performing peripheral MR Angiography.
Since arriving at Cornell University, Dr. Prince has developed refinements of k-space mapping for MRA techniques, which accelerate data acquisition and minimize artifacts. He has also developed methods for acquisition and post-processing of time-resolved MR Angiography data including an innovative method developed with Professor Ramin Zabeh for automating post-processing of time-resolved data.
Currently Dr. Prince is Professsor of Radiology at Weill Medical College of Cornell University and adjunct Professor of Radiology at Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons. He is also Chief of MRI at New York Hospital and runs an active program of MR Angiography research. He is involved with MR education and has created www.mrprotocols.com. He has co-authored two books including "3D Contrast MR Angiography," which is in its 3rd edition, and "Picture to Proton" a primer on MR physics.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [POS]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [PPO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [HMO]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [PPO]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [POS]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Net (PHS) [HMO]
- Health Net (PHS) [POS]
- Health Net (PHS) [PPO]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Multiplan [PPO]
- New Jersey Medicaid [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Railroad [Medicare]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Columbia POS]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care [Medicare]
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS:
1. Palestrant AM, Prince M, Simon M. Comparative in vitro analysis of the nitinol inferior vena cava filter. Radiology 145:351-355, 1982.
2. Prince MR, Novelline RA, Athanosoulis CA, Simon M. The diameter of the inferior vena cava and its implications for the use of vena cava filters. Radiology 149:687-689, 1983.
3. Prince MR, Deutsch TF, Mathews-Roth MM, Margolis R, Parrish JA, Oseroff AR. Preferential light absorption in atheromas in vitro. Implications for laser angioplasty. J Clin Invest 78:295-302, 1986.
4. Prince MR, Deutsch TF, Shapiro AH, Margolis RJ, Oseroff AR, Fallon JT, Parrish JA, Anderson RR. Selective laser ablation of atheromas using a flashlamp-excited dye laser at 465 nm. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 83:7064-7068, 1986.
5. Nanevicz TM, Prince MR, Gawande A, Puliafito, CA. Excimer laser ablation of the lens. Arch Ophthalmol 104:1825-1829, 1986.
6. Polla LL, Jacques SL, Margolis RJ, Prince MR, Anderson RR, Parrish JA, Tan OT. Selective photothermolysis: contribution to the treatment of flat angiomas (port wine stains) by laser. Ann Dermatol Venereol 114:497-505, 1987.
7. Prince MR, LaMuraglia GM, Teng P, Deutsch TF, Anderson RR. Selective Ablation of Calcified Arterial Plaque with Laser-Induced Plasmas. IEEE J Quantum Electronics QE23:1783-1786, 1987.
8. LaMuraglia GM, Murray S, Anderson RR, Prince MR. Effect of pulse duration on selective ablation of atherosclerotic plaque by 480- to 490-nanometer laser radiation. Lasers Surg Med 8:18-21, 1988.
9. Prince MR, Salzman EW, Schoen FJ, Palestrant AM, Simon M. Local intravascular effects of the nitinol wire blood clot filter. Invest Radiol 23:294-300, 1988.
10. Prince MR, LaMuraglia GM, MacNichol EF Jr. Increased preferential absorption in human atherosclerotic plaque with oral beta-carotene. Implications for laser endarterectomy. Circulation 78:338-344, 1988.
11. LaMuraglia GM, Anderson RR, Parrish JA, Zhang DY, Prince MR. Selective laser ablation of venous thrombus: implications for a new approach in the treatment of pulmonary embolus. Lasers Surg Med 8:486-493, 1988.
12. LaMuraglia GM, Mathews-Roth MM, Parrish JA, Abbott WM, Brewster DC, McAuliffe DJ, Prince MR. Enhancing the carotenoid content of atherosclerotic plaque: implications for laser therapy. J Vasc Surg 9:563-567, 1989.
13. Gregory KW, Prince MR, LaMuraglia GM, Flotte TJ, Buckley L, Tobin JM, Ziskind AA, Caplin J, Anderson RR. Effect of blood upon the selective ablation of atherosclerotic plaque with a pulsed dye laser. Lasers Surg Med 10:533-543, 1990.
14. Prince MR, LaMuraglia GM, Seidlitz CE, Prahl SA, Athanasoulis CA, Birngruber R. Ball-tipped fibers for pulsed dye laser angioplasty. IEEE J Quantum Electronics 26:2297-2304, 1990.
15. LaMuraglia GM, Prince MR, Obremski S, Nishioka N, Birngruber R. Optical properties of human arterial thrombus, vascular grafts, and sutures: Implications for selective laser recanalization of thrombosed grafts. IEEE J Quantum Electronics 26:2200-2206, 1990.
16. Prince MR, Frisoli JK, Goetschkes M, Stringham JM, LaMuraglia GM. Rapid serum carotene loading with high-dose beta-carotene: clinical implications. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 17:343-347, 1991.
17. Prince MR, Frisoli JK. Beta-carotene accumulation in serum and skin. Am J Clin Nutr 57:175-181, 1993.
18. Mitchell DC, Prince MR, Frisoli JK, Smith RE, Wood RF. Beta carotene uptake into atherosclerotic plaque: enhanced staining and preferential ablation with the pulsed dye laser. Lasers Surg Med 13:149-157, 1993.
19. Prince MR, Yucel EK, Kaufman JA, Harrison DC, Geller SC. Dynamic gadolinium-enhanced three-dimensional abdominal MR arteriography. J Magn Reson Imaging 3:877-881, 1993.
20. Yucel EK, Kaufman JA, Prince M, Bazari H, Fang LS, Waltman AC. Time of flight renal MR angiography: utility in patients with renal insufficiency. Magn Reson Imaging 11:925-930, 1993.
21. Prince MR. Gadolinium-enhanced MR aortography. Radiology 191:155-164, 1994.
22. Kaufman JA, Yucel EK, Waltman AC, Geller SC, Prince MR, Cambria RP, Brewster DC, Abbott WM. MR angiography in the preoperative evaluation of abdominal aortic aneurysms: a preliminary study. J Vasc Interv Radiol 5:489-496, 1994.
23. Kaufman JA, Geller SC, Petersen MJ, Cambria RP, Prince MR, Waltman AC. MR imaging (including MR angiography) of abdominal aortic aneurysms: comparison with conventional angiography. AJR Am J Roentgenol 163:203-210, 1994.
24. Prince MR, Narasimham DL, Stanley JC, Wakefield TW, Messina LM, Zelenock GB, Jacoby WT, Marx MV, Williams DM, Cho KJ. Gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography of abdominal aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg 21:656-669, 1995.
25. Prince MR, Narasimham DL, Stanley JC, Chenevert TL, Williams DM, Marx MV, Cho KJ. Breath-hold gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography of the abdominal aorta and its major branches. Radiology 197:785-792, 1995.
26. Prince MR, Arnoldus C, Frisoli JF. Nephrotoxicity of high-dose gadolinium compared to iodinated contrast. J Magn Reson Imaging 6:162-166, 1996.
27. Prince MR, Narasimham DL, Londy FJ, Pfammatter T, Akhavan R. A simple MR-compatible infusion pump. Magn Reson Imaging 14:121-128, 1996.
28. Prince MR, Narasimham DL, Jacoby WT, Williams DM, Cho KJ, Marx MV, Deeb GM. Three-dimensional gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography of the thoracic aorta. AJR Am J Roentgenol 166:1387-1397, 1996.
29. Levy RA, Prince MR. Arterial-phase three-dimensional contrast-enhanced MR angiography of the carotid arteries. Am J Roentgenol 167:211-215, 1996.
30. Maki JH, Prince MR, Londy FJ, Chenevert TL. The effects of time varying intravascular signal intensity and k-space acquisition order on three-dimensional MR angiography image quality. J Magn Reson Imaging 6:642-651, 1996.
31. Shah NL, Shanley CJ, Prince MR, Wakefield TW. Deep venous thrombosis complicating congenital absence of the inferior vena cava. Surgery 120:891-896, 1996.
32. Cloft HJ, Murphy KJ, Prince MR, Brunberg JA. Gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography of carotid arteries. Magn reson Imaging 14:593-600, 1996.
33. Strouse PJ, Prince MR, Chenevert TL. Effect of the rate of gadopentetate dimeglumine administration on abdominal vascular and soft-tissue MR imaging enhancement patterns. Radiology 201:809-816, 1996.
34. Strohbehn K, Quint LE, Prince MR, Wojno KJ, Delancey JO. MRI anatomy of the female urethra: a direct histologic comparison. Obstet Gynecol 88:750-756, 1996.
35. Maki JH, Chenevert TL, Prince MR. Three-dimensional contrast-enhanced MR angiography. Topics in MRI 8:322-344, 1996.
36. Bass JC, Prince MR, Londy FJ, Chenevert TL. Effect of gadolinium on phase-contrast MR angiography of the renal arteries. AJR Am J Roentgenol 168:261-266, 1997.
37. Anzai Y, Prince MR. Iron oxide-enhanced MR lymphography: the evaluation of cervical lymph node metastases in the head and neck cancer. J Magn Reson Imaging 7:75-81, 1997.
38. Anzai Y, Prince MR, Chenevert TL, Maki JH, Londy F, London M, McLachlan SJ. MR angiography with an ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide blood pool agent. J Magn Reson Imaging 7:209-214, 1997.
39. Meaney JF, Prince MR, Nostrant TT, Stanley JC. Gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography of visceral arteries in patients with suspected chronic mesenteric ischemia. J Magn Reson Imaging 7:171-176, 1997.
40. Williams DM, Lee DY, Hamilton BH, Marx MV, Narasimham DL, Kazanjian SN, Prince MR, Andrews JC, Cho KJ, Deeb GM. The dissected aorta. Part III. Anatomy and radiologic diagnosis of branch-vessel compromise. Radiology 203:37-44, 1997.
41. Prince MR, Chenevert TL, Foo TKF, Londy FJ, Ward JS, Maki JH. Contrast-enhanced abdominal MR angiography: optimization of imaging delay time by automating the detection of contrast material arrival in the aorta. Radiology 203:109-114, 1997.
42. Foo TKF, Saranathan M, Prince MR, Chenevert TL. Automated detection of bolus arrival and initiation of data acquisition in fast, three-dimensional, gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography. Radiology 203:275-280, 1997.
43. Downing LJ, Wakefield TW, Strieter RM, Prince MR, Londy FJ, Fowlkes JB, Hulin MS, Kadell AM, Wilke CA, Brown SL, Wrobleski SK, Burdick MD, Anderson DC, Greenfield LJ. Anti-P-selection antibody decreases inflammation and thrombus formation in venous thrombosis. J Vasc Surg 25:816-828, 1997.
44. Stafford Johnson DB, Lerner CA, Prince MR, Kazanjian SN, Narasimham DL, Leichtman AB, Cho KJ. Gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography of renal transplants. Magn Reson Imaging 15:13-20, 1997.
45. Meaney JFM, Weg JG, Chenevert TL Stanford-Johnson D, Hamilton BH, Prince MR. Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism with magnetic resonance angiography. N Engl J Med 336:1422-1427, 1997.
46. William DM, Lee DY, Hamilton BH, Marx MV, Narasimham DL, Kazanjian SN, Prince MR, Andrews JC, Cho KJ, Deeb GM. The dissected aorta: percutaneous treatment of ischemic complications Â principles and results. J Vasc Interv Radiol 8:605-625, 1997.
47. Wakefield TW, Strieter RM, Prince MR, Downing LJ, Greenfield LJ. Pathogenesis of venous thrombosis: a new insight. Cardiovasc Surg 5:6-15, 1997.
48. Maki JH, Chenevert TL, Prince MR. The effects of incomplete breath-holding on 3D MR image quality. J Magn Reson Imaging 7:1132-1139, 1997.
49. Froehlich JB, Prince MR, Greenfield LJ, Downing LJ, Shah NL, Wakefield TW. "Bulls-eye" sign on gadolinium-enhanced MRV determines thrombus presence and age Â a preliminary study. J Vasc Surg 26:809-816, 1997.
50. Prince MR, Schoenberg SO, Ward JS, Londy FJ, Wakefield TW, Stanley JC. Hemodynamically significant atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis: MR angiographic features. Radiology 205:128-136, 1997.
51. Pescher UM, DeLancey JO, Fritsch H, Quint LE, Prince MR. Cross-sectional imaging anatomy of the anal sphincters. Obstet Gynecol 1997; 90:839-844.
52. Maki JH, Chenevert TL, Prince MR. Contrast enhanced MR angiography. Abdominal Imaging 1998; 23:469-484.
53. Mustert B, Williams D, Prince MR. In vitro model of arterial stenoses: correlation of MR signal dephasing and trans-stenotic pressure gradients. Magn Reson Imaging 16:301-310, 1998.
54. Stafford Johnson DB, Prince MR, Chenevert TL. Magnetic resonance angiography: a review. Academic Radiology 1998; 5:153-160.
55. Ho VB, Prince MR. Thoracic MR aortography: imaging techniques and pathologic considerations. Radiographics 18:287-309, 1998.
56. Stafford-Johnson DB, Hamilton BH, Dong Q, Cho KJ, Turcott JG, Fontana RJ, Prince MR. Gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography of vascular complications of liver transplantation. Radiology 207:153-160, 1998.
57. Prince MR. Renal MR angiography: a comprehensive approach. J Magn Reson Imaging 8:511-516, 1998.58. Dong Q, Hurst DR, Weinman HJ, Chenevert FL, Londy FJ, Prince MR. MR angiography with gadomer-17: an animal study. Investigative Radiology 1998; 33:699-708.
59. Wilson MW, Hamilton BH, Dong Q, Stafford-Johnson DB, Kazanjian SN, Williams DM, Marx MV, Cho KJ, Prince MR. Gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance venography of the portal venous system prior to TIPS and liver transplantation. Investigative Radiology 1998; 33:644-652.
60. Schoenberg SO, Knopp MV, Prince MR, Londy F, Knopp MA. Arterial phase 3D gadolinium MRA of the renal arteries: feasibility of manual contrast media injection. Investigative Radiology 1998; 33:506-514.
61. Dong Q, Schoenberg SO, Carlos RC, Prince MR. Renal MR Angiography. Seminars in Interventional Radiology 1998; 15:163-178.
62. Stafford-Johnson DB, Chenevert TL, Cho KJ, Prince MR. Portal venous MRA: a review. Investigative Radiology 1998; 33:628-636.
63. Carlos RC, Prince MR, Ward JS, Stanley J, Dong Q, Londy FJ. Renal anatomic changes on MRI and gadolinium-enhanced MRA after renal revascularization. Investigative Radiology 1998; 33:660-669.
64. Maki JH, Prince MR, Chenevert TL. Optimizing 3D Gadolinium Enhanced MR Angiography. Investigative Radiology 1998; 33:528-529.
65. Anzai Y, Dong Q, Prince MR. The State of the Art of Contrast Enhanced MR Angiography. Japanisch-Deutsche Medizinische Berichte 1998; 43:6-19.
66. Schoenberg SO, Knopp MV, Bock M, Prince MR, Allenberg JR. Combined morphologic and functional assessment of renal artery stenosis using gadolinium enhanced magnetic resonance imaging. Nephrol. Dial Transplant 1998; 13:2738-2742.
67. Londy FJ, Kadell AM, Wrobleski SK, Prince MR, Strieter RM, Wakefield TW. Detection of Perivenous Inflammation in a Rat Model of Venous Thrombosis using MRV. J Invest Surg 1999; 6:16.
68. Ho, VB, Prince MR, Dong Q. Magnetic resonance imaging of the aorta and branch vessels. Coronary Artery Disease 1999; 10:141-9
69. Hurst DR, Kazarooni EA, Stafford-Johnson D, Williams DM, Platt JF, Cascade PN, Prince MR. Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: evaluation of MRA, CTA, and CTA with multiplanar/3D-SSD reconstructions in canines. JVIR 1999; 10:309-318.
70.Weadock W.Renal MR Angiography Website RSNA-EJ 1999; 3: http://ej.rsna.org/ej3/0091-98.fin/index.html
71. Weadock W, Dong Q, Londy F, Prince M, Portal and Mesenteric MRA Protocols, AJR 1999; 172:1358 www.med.umich.edu/rad/mribody/portal/index.html
72. Teo ELHJ, Strouse PJ, Prince MR Applications of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance angiography to evaluate the hepatic vasculature in the pediatric patient Pediatric Radiol 1999; 29:238-243.
73. Dong Q, Schoenberg SO, Carlos RC, Neimatallah M, Cho KJ, Williams DM, Kazanjian SN, Prince MR, MR Diagnosis of renal vascular disease with MR Angiography, Radiographics, 1999; 19:1535-1554.
74. Carlos RC, Dong Q, Stanley JC, Prince MR, MR angiography after renal revascularization: spectrum of expected anatomic results and postintervention complications, Radiographics 1999; 19:1555-1568.
75. Neimatallah MA, Dong Q, Schoenberg SO, Cho KJ, Prince MR, Magnetic resonance Imaging in Renal Transplantation, JMRI 1999; 10:357-368.
76. Meaney JFM, Johansson LOM, Ahlstrom H, Prince MR, Pulmonary Magnetic Resonance Angiography, JMRI 1999; 10:326-338.
77. Schoenberg SO, Knopp MV, Londy F, Krishnan S, Zuna I, Lang N, Essig M, Hawighorst H, Maki JH, Stafford-Johnson D, Kallinowski F, Chenevert TL, Prince MR, Morphologic and functional magnetic resonance imaging of renal artery stenosis: a multireader tricenter study. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002; 13:158-69.
78. Schoenberg SO, Knopp MV, Bock M, Floemer F, Kalinowski F, Essig M, Hawighorst H, Just A, Laub G, Prince MR, van Kaick G, MRI of the Kidneys. New diagnostic strategies (MR-Bildgebung der Nieren. Neue Ansatze in der Diagnostik) Radiologe 1999; 39:373-85.
79. Meaney JFM, Prince MR, Pulmonary MR Angiography, MRI Clinics of North America 1999; 7:393-409.
80. Neimatallah MA, Chenevert TL, Carlos RC, Londy F, Dong Q, Prince MR, Kim HM. Subclavian MR Arteriography: Reduction of susceptibility artifact with short echo time and dilute gadomentetate dimeglumine, Radiology 2000; 217:581-586.
81. Molina-Murphy IL, Palmer EL, Scott JA, Prince MR, Strauss HW, Rubin RH, Fischman AJ, Polyclonal, nonspecific 111In-IgG scintigraphy in the evaluation of complicated osteomyelitis and septic arthritis, QJ Nucl Med 1999; 43:29-37.
82. Prince MR, Anzai Y, Neimatallah M, Dong Q, Rubin JM, MRA Contrast bolus timing with ultrasound bubbles, JMRI 1999; 10:389-394.
83. Neimatallah MA, Ho VB, Dong Q, Williams D, Patel S, Song JH, Prince MR, Gadolinium-enhanced 3D magnetic resonance angiography of the thoracic vessels, JMRI 1999; 10:758-770.
84. Schoenberg SO, Wunsch C, Knopp MV, Essig M, Hawighorst H, Laub G, Prince MR, Allenberg JR, Van Kaick G, Abdominal aortic aneurysm - Detection of multilevel vascular pathology by time-resolved multiphase 3D gadolinium MR angiography: Initial report, Investigative Radiology 1999;34:648-659.
85. Henke PK, DeBrunye LA, Strieter RM, Bromberg JS, Prince MR, Kadell AM, Sarkar M, Londy F, Wakefield TW, Viral IL-10 Gene Transfer decreases inflammation and cell adhesion molecule expression I a rat model of venous thrombosis, J. of Immunology 2000; 164:2131-2141.
86. Wakefield TW, Strieter RM, Schaub R, Myers DD, Prince MR, Wrobleski SK, Londy FJ, Kadell AM, Brown SL, Henke PK, Greenfield LJ, Venous thrombosis prophylaxis by inflammatory inhibition without anticoagulation therapy, J. Vasc. Surg. 2000; 31:309-24.
87. Rubin JM, Fowlkes JB, Prince MR, Thee RT, Chenevert TL, Doppler US gating of cardiac MR imaging, Academic Radiology 2000; 7:1116-1122.
88. Watts R, Wang Y, Prince MR, Winchester PA, Khilmani NM, Kent KC, Anatomically tailored k-space sampling for bolus-chase three dimensional MR digital subtraction angiography, MRA Radiology 2001; 218:899-904
89. Wang Y, Watts R, Mitchell I, Nguyen TD, Bezanson JW, Bergman GW, Prince MR. Coronary MR angiography: selection of acquisition window of minimal cardiac motion with electrocardiography-triggered navigator cardiac motion prescanning--initial results. Radiology Feb 2001;218(2):580-5.
90. Wang Y, Winchester PA, Khilnani NM, Lee HM, Watts R, Trost DW, Bush HL Jr, Kent KC, Prince MR. Contrast-enhanced peripheral MR angiography from the abdominal aorta to the pedal arteries: combined dynamic two-dimensional and bolus-chase three-dimensional acquisitions.
Invest Radiol Mar 2001;36(3):170-7.
91. Watts R, Wang Y, Prince MR, Winchester PA, Khilnani NM, Kent KC. Anatomically tailored k-Space sampling for bolus-chase three-dimensional MR digital subtraction angiography.
Radiology Mar 2001;218(3):899-904.
92. Wecksell MB, Winchester PA, Bush HL Jr, Kent KC, Prince MR, Wang Y. Cross-sectional pattern of collateral vessels in patients with superficial femoral artery occlusion. Invest Radiol Jul 2001;36(7):422-9.
93. Carlos RC, Stanley JC, Stafford-Johnson D, Prince MR. Interobserver variability in the evaluation of chronic mesenteric ischemia with gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography. Acad Radiol Sep 2001;8(9):879-87.
94. Schoenberg SO, Knopp MV, Londy F, Krishnan S, Zuna I, Lang N, Essig M, Hawighorst H, Maki JH, Stafford-Johnson D, Kallinowski F, Chenevert TL, Prince MR. Morphologic and functional magnetic resonance imaging of renal artery stenosis: a multireader tricenter study. J Am Soc Nephrol Jan 2002;13(1):158-69.
95. Erel H, Prince MR, Rajagopalan S. Images in vascular medicine. An unusual case of claudication. Vasc Med Feb 2002;7(1):55.
96. Yoo SK, Watts R, Winchester PA, Zabih R, Wang Y, Prince MR. Postprocessing techniques for time-resolved contrast-enhanced MR angiography. Radiology Feb 2002;222(2):564-8.
97. Erel H, Erkan D, Lehman TJ, Prince MR. Diagnostic usefulness of 3 dimensional gadolinium enhanced magnetic resonance venography in antiphospholipid syndrome. J Rheumatol Jun 2002;29(6):1338-9.
98. Khilnani NM, Winchester PA, Prince MR, Vidan E, Trost DW, Bush HL Jr, Watts R, Wang Y. Peripheral vascular disease: combined 3D bolus chase and dynamic 2D MR angiography compared with x-ray angiography for treatment planning. Radiology Jul 2002;224(1):63-74.
99. Watts R, Wang Y, Redd B, Winchester PA, Kent KC, Bush HA, Prince MR, Recessed elliptical centric view ordering for contrast-enhanced 3D MR angiography of the carotid arteries. MRM 2002; 48:419-424.
100. Prince MR, Chabra SG, Watts R, Chen CZ, Winchester PA, Khilnani NM, Trost D, Bush HA, Kent KC, Wang Y. Contrast material travel times in patients undergoing peripheral MR angiography. Radiology Jul 2002;224(1):55-61.
101. Wang Y, Chen CZ, Chabra SG, Winchester PA, Khilnani NM, Watts R, Bush HL Jr, Craig Kent K, Prince MR. Bolus arterial-venous transit in the lower extremity and venous contamination in bolus chase three-dimensional magnetic resonance angiography. Invest Radiol Aug 2002;37(8):458-63.
102. Watts R, Wang Y, Redd B, Winchester PA, Kent KC, Bush HL, Prince MR. Recessed elliptical-centric view-ordering for contrast-enhanced 3D MR angiography of the carotid arteries.
Magn Reson Med Sep2002;48(3):419-24.
103. Kim J, Prince MR, Zabih R, Bezanson J, Watts R, Erel HE, Wang Y. Automatic selection of mask and arterial phase images for temporally resolved MR digital subtraction angiography.
Magn Reson Med Dec 2002;48(6):1004-10.
104. Prince MR, Sostman HD. MR venography: unsung and underutilized. Radiology Mar 2003;226(3):630-2.
105. Ersoy H, Watts R, Sanelli P, Zimmerman RD, Kent KC, Bush HL, Prince MR. Atherosclerotic disease distribution in carotid and vertebrobasilar arteries: clinical experience in 100 patients undergoing fluoro-triggered 3D Gd-MRA. J Magn Reson Imaging May 2003;17(5):545-58.
106. Wang Y, Truong TN, Yen C, Bilecen D, Watts R, Trost DW, Prince MR. Quantitative evaluation of susceptibility and shielding effects of nitinol, platinum, cobalt-alloy, and stainless steel stents. Magn Reson Med May 2003;49(5):972-6.
107. Prince MR, Erel HE, Lent RW, Blumenfeld J, Kent KC, Bush HL, Wang Y., Gadodiamide administration causes spurious hypocalcemia. Radiology Jun 2003;227(3):639-46.
108. Schoenberg SO, Rieger J, Johannson LO, et al. Diagnosis of renal artery stenosis with magnetic resonance angiography: update 2003. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation Jul 2003;18 (7):1252-1256.
109. Prince MR, Zhang, HL, Dong Q, Ersoy H, A primer for dynamic MR contrast injections, Applied Radiology Oct 2003; 33:28-36.
110. Kolmogorov VN, Watts R, Prince MR, Zabih R, Wang Y. Simultaneous multiple volume (SMV) acquisition algorithm for real-time navigator gating. Magn Reson Imaging Nov 2003;21(9):969-75.
111. Ho B, Zhang HL, Watts R, Chao M, Prince MR, Renal MRA with recessed elliptical centric ordering of k-space. J X-ray Science and Tech 2003; 11:141-147.
112. Prince MR, Zhang HL, Chabra SG, Jacobs P, Wang Y, A pilot investigation of new superparamagnetic iron oxide (ferumoxytol) as a contrast agent for cardiovascular MRI. J X-ray Science and Tech 2003; 11:231-240.
113. Wang Y, Comunale J, Zimmerman R, Prince MR, Magnetic resonance digital subtraction angiography (MRDSA) of the carotid arteries. J X-ray Science and Tech 2004; 12:13-18.
114. Ersoy H, Jacobs P, Kent CK, Prince MR. Blood pool MR angiography of aortic stent-graft endoleak. AJR Am J Roentgenol. May 2004;182(5):1181-6.
115. Zhang HL, Prince MR, Watts R, Bush HA, Kent KC, Winchester PA, Soft tissue enhancement on time-resolved peripheral magnetic resonance angiography, Journal Of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, May 2004;19 (5): 590-7.
116. Zhu H, Buck DG, Zhang Z, Zhang H, Wang P, Stenger VA, Prince MR, Wang Y. High temporal and spatial resolution 4D MRA using spiral data sampling and sliding window reconstruction Magn Reson Med Jul 2004;52(1):14-8.
117. Kolmogorov V, Nguyen TD, Nuval A, Spincemaille P, Prince MR, Zabih R, Wang Y., Multiprocessor scheduling implementation of the simultaneous multiple volume (SMV) navigator method. Magn Reson Med Aug 2004;52(2):362-7.
118. Zhang HL, Ho BY, Chao M, Kent KC, Bush HL, Faries PL, Benvenisty AI, Prince MR. Decreased venous contamination on 3D gadolinium-enhanced bolus chase peripheral mr angiography using thigh compression. AJR Am J Roentgenol Oct 2004;183(4):1041-7.
119. Trost DW, Zhang HL, Prince MR, Winchester PA, Wang Y, Watts R, Sos TA., Three-dimensional MR angiography in imaging platinum alloy stents. J Magn Reson Imaging Dec 2004;20(6):975-80.
120. Zhang HL, Khilnani NM, Prince MR, Winchester PA, Golia P, Veit P, Watts R, Wang Y., Diagnostic accuracy of time-resolved 2D projection MR angiography for symptomatic infrapopliteal arterial occlusive disease. AJR Am J Roentgenol Mar 2005;184(3):938-47.
121. Trocciola SM, Chaer RA, Dayal R, Lin S, Kumar N, Mousa A, Ryer E, Prince MR, Badimon J, Tunstead J, Fuster V, Marin ML, Kent CK, Faries PL., Intra-aneurysmal thrombus after stent graft treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms: Correlation of MRI and histology in a canine model. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. (In Press)
122. Trocciola SM, Dayal R, Chaer RA, Lin SC, Derubertis B, Ryer E, Hynececk R, Pierce M, Prince M, Badimon JJ, Marin ML, Fuster V, Kent KC, Faries PL. The development of endotension is associated with increased transmission of pressure and serous components in porous ePTFE stent grafts: characterization using a canine model. J Vasc Surg (In Press).
123. Raj A, Zhang H, Prince MR, Wang Y, Zabih R., Automatic algorithm for correcting motion artifacts in time-resolved two-dimensional magnetic resoance angiography using convex projections. Magn Reson Med. 2006 Mar;55(3):649-58.
124. Zhang HL, Ersoy H, Prince MR., Effects of gadopentetate dimeglumine and gadodiamide on serum calcium, magnesium, and creatinine measurements. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2006 Mar;23(3):383-7.
125. Mohajer K, Zhang H, Gurell D, Ersoy H, Ho B, Kent KC, Prince MR., Superficial femoral artery occlusive disease severity correlates with MR cine phase-contrast flow measurements.
J Magn Reson Imaging. 2006 Mar;23(3):355-60.
126. Zhang H, Czum JM, Prince MR., Emerging functional MR angiographic techniques. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2005 Feb;13(1):181-8, vii. Review.
1. 3D Contrast MR Angiography. Prince MR, Grist TM, Debatin J. Berlin; New York: Springer; 1st edition 1997; 2nd Edition 1999; 3rd edition 2003.
2. MRI from Picture to Proton. McRobbie DW, Moore EA, Graves MJ, and Prince MR. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2003.
Honors and Awards
2004: American College of Radiology: Distinguished Committee Service Award (Research & Technology Assessment Â Body MRI)
2004: Fellow of the ISMRM
2003: BMA Medical Book Award for ÂPicture to ProtonÂ
2000: ACR Distinguished Committee Service Award
1999: RSNA Scientific Exhibit Cum Laude Award
1998: Bronze Medal for American Roentgen Ray Society Exhibit
1998: RSNA Scientific Exhibit Certificate of Merit
1997: SCBT-MR Lauterbur Award
1997: RSNA Scientific Exhibit Certificate of Merit
1995-97: Radiology EditorÂs Award for Special Distinction in Reviewing
1991: RSNA Research Resident Award
1986-89: NIH National Research Service Award #HL07377
- Cardiovascular Pathology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Arterial Insufficiency
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Liver Transplantation
- Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Living Donor Transplantation
Contact and Practices
- Nuclear Medicine
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- M.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1982
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1985
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1988