Michael J. DeFeo, M.D.
Dr Michael Defeo completed his Pediatric residency training at Jersey Shore Medical Center in 1992. He then went on and completed a fellowship in Neonatal Medicine at New York University / Bellevue Hospital in 1995. During his fellowship he was awarded a Research Grant by Wyeth Pharmaceutical for his research work on “Integrins In Normal Lung Development.”
Dr Defeo had been at New York Downtown Hospital for the past sixteen years of which he served as the Director of Newborn Medicine and Vice Chair of the Pediatric Department for eleven of those years. In addition to his Neonatal Intensive Care and Newborn responsibilities, he initiated and developed the New York Downtown Pediatric Faculty Practice of which he practiced general Pediatrics for the past eight years.
Dr Defeo also served as the President of the Medical Board at New York Downtown Hospital in 2008 to 2010.
Dr Defeo is Board Certified in the specialty of Pediatrics.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
- General Pediatrics
Contact and Practices
- B.S., Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1981
- M.D., Ross University School of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (Dominica, WI), 1985