Manney C. Reid, M.D.
Dr. Reid is a graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. Dr. Reid completed his residency at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and fellowships in both clinical epidemiology and geriatric medicine at Yale University. Dr. Reid is currently a Robert Wood Johnson Generalist Physician Scholar and a Paul Beeson Faculty Scholar on Aging Research. He joined the faculty of Weill Cornell in January 2003.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Medicare]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [POS]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [HMO]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Net (PHS) [PPO]
- Health Net (PHS) [HMO]
- Health Net (PHS) [POS]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom PPO]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom HMO]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire [PPO]
- United Empire [HMO]
- United Empire
- United Health Care [PPO]
- United Health Care [POS]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [HMO]
- United Health Care [EPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
Duong, BD, Kerns RD, Reid MC. Identifying the activities affected by chronic pain in older persons. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005;53:687-694.
Jenq GY, Guo Z, Drickamer M, Marotolli RA, Reid MC. When will someone treat my pain? Timing in the communication of pain information from residents to nursing staff to practitioners. Arch Int Med. 2004;164;1508-12 .
Barry LC, Kerns RD, Guo Z, Duong BD, Ianonne L, Reid MC. Identification of strategies used to cope with chronic pain among older primary care patients. J Am Geriatr Soc 2004;52:950-56.
Reid MC, Otis J, Barry LC, Kerns RD. Cognitive-behavioral therapy for chronic low back pain in older persons: A preliminary study. Pain Med. 2003;4:223-30.
Reid MC, Tinetti ME, OÂConnor PG, Kosten TR, Concato J. Measuring alcohol consumption among older community-dwelling adults: A comparison of available methods. Am J Addn. 2003;12:211-19.
Reid MC, Concato J, Kosten TR, Tinetti ME. Health-related risk of alcohol use in older persons: A systematic review. Subs Abuse. 2002;23:149-64.
Reid MC, Bogardus ST, Concato J, Tinetti ME. The relationship between alcohol consumption and Folstein Mini Mental Status Examination Scores among older adults. J Geriatr Psych Neurol. 2002;15:31-37.
- Geriatric Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Ph.D., University of Tennessee, 1976
- M.D., Medical University of South Carolina, 1989