Leila Rafla-Demetrious, M.D.
Dr. Rafla-Demetrious is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the Weill Cornell Medical College. She received a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania and received her M.D. from SUNY Downstate, graduating with the distinct honor of Summa Cum Laude.
Dr. Rafla-Demetrious did her medical internship at St. Vincent’s Medical Center in N.Y.C, New York. Thereafter, she began her Ophthalmology residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University in New York City in 1994. She then remained there to continue her Fellowship in Glaucoma. Upon completion, she joined the Department of Ophthalmology at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology in 2000.
Dr. Rafla-Demetrious’s clinical practice specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma and anterior segment diseases.
Dr. Rafla Demetrious received honors from the Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) in 1991.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
1. You have Glaucoma- now what? A Dr Pat consult. January 28, 2013 http://womensvoicesforchange.
2. Glaucoma, the Sneak Thief of Sight. A Dr Pat Consult January 14, 2013 http://womensvoicesforchange.
3. LASIK Surgery and the Aging Eye. A Doctor Pat consult. December 3, 2012 http://womensvoicesforchange.
4. UV Safety Month: UV Radiation, the Eye, and Sunglass Protection July 2, 2012 http://womensvoicesforchange.
5. So You Have a Cataract… Now What? June 18, 2012 http://womensvoicesforchange.
6. Cataract Basics. June 11, 2012. http://womensvoicesforchange.
7. Save your vision: When Flashes and Floaters Spell "Danger". April 2, 2012 http://womensvoicesforchange.
8. A Guide to Eye Emergencies. March 26,2012 http://womensvoicesforchange.
Aging Eye Video- OHT STUDY, 2004
Glaucoma Screening Article- Women's Health Advisor, February 2008
Honors and Awards
Dr. Rafla Demetrious received honors from the Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) in 1991
- Anterior Segment Surgery
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Contact and Practices
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 1993