Lisa S. Ipp, M.D.
Lisa S. Ipp, M.D. is an Associate Professor in Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College and Associate Attending Pediatrician in the Department of Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. She is board-certified in pediatrics and adolescent medicine and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
After graduating with a B.S. from Cornell University in 1992, Dr. Ipp attended the Cornell University Medical College (currently Weill Cornell Medical College) from 1992 to 1996, where she earned her medical degree (M.D.). She served as a resident in pediatrics at Hasbro Children's Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island from 1996-1999. After completing her residency training, Dr. Ipp received further training in adolescent medicine at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.
In addition to her adolescent and general practice at Helmsley Tower, Dr. Ipp instructs pediatric residents and medical students in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. She is a member of a variety of professional organizations including the Society for Adolescent Medicine (SAM) and the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology (NASPAG). Dr. Ipp has received special training in sexual assault evaluation and addiction medicine. She is also an author of a study comparing sero testing versus presumptive varicella vaccination of adolescents with a negative history of chicken pox (2001).
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Fabricant, PD, Admoni, SH, Green DW, Ipp LS, Widmann, RF. Return to Athletic Activity after Posterior Spinal Fusion for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: Analysis of Independent Predictors. J Pediatr Orthop. 2012 Apr;32(3):259-65.
- Ipp, L., Breuner CC, Middleman AB: Meningococcal vaccine: A Position Statement of the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine. J Adolesc Health. 2012 Feb;50(2):211-2
- Ipp, L., Flynn, P., Blanco, J., Green, D., Boachie, O., Chan, G., Kozich, J., Widmann, R.: The Findings of Preoperative Cardiac Screening Studies in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Surgery. J Pediatr Orthop. 2011 Oct-Nov;31(7):764-6.
- Kharbanda, E., Stockwell, M., Fox, H., Ipp, L., Rickert, V.: The Role of Human Papillomavirus Vaccination in Promoting Delivery of Other Adolescent Preventative Health Services. Academic Pediatrics, 2011;11(4):326-332
- Borzekowski D, Rickert V, Ipp L, Fortenberry D. At What Price? The Current State of Participant Payment in Adolescent Research. Journal of Adolescent Health, 2003;33:378-384.
- Harel Z, Ipp L, Riggs S, Vaz R, Flanagan P. Serotesting Versus Presumptive Varicella Vaccination of Adolescents With A Negative or Uncertain History of Chickenpox. Journal of Adolescent Health, 2001;28:26-29.
Honors and Awards
- 2013, Selected as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor in the field of Adolescent Medicine
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)-Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Influenza Work Group, 2011-present
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine, Subcommittee on Vaccinations, 2010-present
- Make a Wish Foundation of Metro New York, Medical Advisor, 2010-present
- Caron Addiction Medicine Program, Medical Advisor, 2010-present
- 1996 Weill Medical College George S. Meister Award
- Adolescent Gynecology
- General Pediatrics
- Menstrual Disorder
- Adolescent Medicine
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, NY, 1996