Karen Chernoff, M.D.
I am thrilled to join the exceptional faculty at Weill Cornell. As a former resident, I have experienced first-hand the department's commitment to excellence in patient care. I specialize in treating skin disorders in infants, children and adolescents, and strive to make my patients feel at ease during their visit. I enjoy working with families, and encourage questions and discussion.
Dr. Chernoff received her undergraduate education at Harvard University. She attended medical school at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed her internship at Mt. Sinai Hospital. After her internship, she completed dermatology residency at Weill Cornell Medical College. Following her residency, she completed an additional year of specialized fellowship training in pediatric dermatology at New York University Medical Center. This advanced training makes her distinctly qualified to treat skin disorders in children and adolescents.
Dr. Chernoff's practice includes pediatric and adolescent dermatology. She treats a wide array of skin conditions, and has a particular interest in complex skin disease in children, including severe forms of common disorders as well as skin signs of internal disease. Her research interests include skin manifestations of rheumatologic and hematologic/oncologic disease.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- General Dermatology
- Dermatology, General
- Pediatric Dermatology
- B.A., Harvard University, 2004
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2009