Jacques H. Scharoun, M.D.
Dr. Scharoun is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
After graduating from Harvard College '90 and later Columbia Medical School (P&S) '95, he completed residency in anesthesiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He completed a fellowship in pediatric anesthesiology in 2001.
Dr. Scharoun performs anesthesia for all types of pediatric patients but has a special interest in congenital heart disease surgery. He is actively involved in medical student and resident education and has written two book chapters on pediatric anesthesia. He is actively involved in New York State Society of Anesthesiologists, and serves on the Government and Legal Affairs committee therein.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Pediatric Anesthesia
Contact and Practices
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1995