Isaac Kligman, M.D.
"The Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility is committed to the finest patient care and continued research excellence. This combination continually improves the care we deliver and keeps our services at the forefront of the field. As soon as new treatments are proved safe and effective in treating infertility, couples will find them at The Center for Reproductive Medicine."
Dr. Isaac Kligman is an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine at the Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine (CRM) at Weill Cornell Medical College. Board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, he is an internationally renowned fertility specialist.
Dr. Kligman treats patients with a range of reproductive and infertility disorders. He helps patients with fertility issues become pregnant using the most sophisticated assisted reproduction techniques, including in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). He is skilled in laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, two minimally invasive surgical modalities. With laparoscopy, he treats anatomical causes of infertility such as endometriosis, pelvic scar tissue, blocked fallopian tubes and ovarian cysts. He removes polyps, fibroids and scar tissue and corrects congenital malformations such as uterine septum with hysteroscopy.
Dr. Kligman joined the Center for Reproductive Medicine in 1993 for his fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility under the direction of Dr. Zev Rosenwaks, and became a full-time faculty member at CRM upon completion of his fellowship in 1995. Prior to joining CRM, he completed a research fellowship in Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania in 1989 and his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Maryland Medical Center in 1992. Dr. Kligman completed his M.D. in 1981 and his residency in 1987 at the Unversidad Javeriana in Bogota, Colombia.
Dr. Kligman has made countless presentations on research and treatment topics in reproductive medicine to audiences throughout the United States, Japan, Europe and South America. He has authored and co-authored numerous textbook chapters as well as dozens of articles in leading peer-reviewed medical journals. He is also a member of the Editorial Boards of Fertility and Sterility and Reproducción Humana, the official journal of the Latin American Association of Reproductive Medicine (ALMER). Dr. Kligman is an active member of several professional societies including the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the New York Obstetrical Society.
Dr. Kligman sees patients in CRM's Manhattan office. Please call (646) 962-3814 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
You may also visit http://www.ivf.org, CRM's patient resource website, for more information.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
1. Angulo A and Kligman I: Retroperitoneal sacral colpopexy for the correction of the vaginal vault prolapse. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1989; 169(4):319-23.
2. Kligman I, Glassner M, Storey BT and Kopf GS: Zona pellucida-mediated acrosomal exocytosis in mouse spermatozoa: characterization of an intermediate stage prior to the completion of the acrosome reaction. Develop Biol 1991; 145(2):344-55.
3. Glassner M, Jones J, Kligman I, Woolkalis M, Gerton G and Kopf GS: Immunocytochemical and biochemical characterization of guanine nucleotide/binding regulatory proteins in mammalian spermatozoa. Develop Biol 1991; 146(2):438-50.
4. Kligman I, Drachenberg C, Papadimitriou J, Katz E: Immunohistochemical demonstration of nerve fibers in pelvic adhesions. Obstet Gynecol 1993; 82:566-8.
5. Kligman I, Noyes N, Benadiva CA, Rosenwaks Z: Massive deep vein thrombosis in a patient with antithrombin III deficiency undergoing ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 1995; 63(3):673-6.
6. Benadiva CA, Kligman I, Davis O and Rosenwaks Z: In vitro fertilization versus tubal surgery: Is pelvic reconstructive surgery obsolete? Fertil Steril; Modern Trends 1995; 64(6):1051-61.
7. Benadiva CA, Davis O, Kligman I, Liu H-C and Rosenwaks Z: Clomiphene citrate and hMG: An alternative stimulation protocol for selected failed in vitro fertilization patients. J Assist Reprod Genet 1995; 12(1):8-12.
8. Witkin SS, Kligman I, Grifo JA and Rosenwaks Z: Chlamydia trachomatis detected by the polymerase chain reaction in the cervices of culture-negative women correlated with adverse in vitro fertilization outcome. J Infect Dis 1995; 171(6):1657-9.
9. Witkin SS, Kligman I and Bongiovanni AM: Relationship between asymptomatic male genital tract exposure to chlamydia trachomatis and an autoimmune response to spermatozoa. Hum. Reprod 1995; 10(11):2952-55.
10. Witkin SS, Kligman I, Grifo JA and Rosenwaks Z: Ureaplasma urealyticum and mycoplasma hominis detected by the polymerase chain reaction in the cervices of women undergoing in vitro fertilization: prevalence and consequences. J Assist Reprod Genet 1995; 12(9):610-4.
11. Kligman I, Adachi TJ, Katz E, McClamrock HD, Jockle GA, Barakat B: Conserving fertility with early management of cervical pregnancy: A case report. J Reprod Med 1995; 40(10):74-6.
12. Barmat LI, Damario MA, Kowalik A, Kligman I, Davis OK, Rosenwaks Z: Twin gestation occupying separate horns of a bicornuate uterus after in-vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Hum Reprod 1996; 11(10):2316-18.
13. Witkin SS, Jeremias J, Neuer A, David S, Kligman I, Toth Miklos, Willner E, Witkin K: Immune recognition of the 60kD heat shock protein: Implications for subsequent fertility. Infect Dis Obstet Gyncol 1996; 4:152-8.
14. Kligman I, Grifo JA, Witkin SS: Expression of the 60 kDa heat shock protein in peritoneal fluids from women with endometriosis: Implications for endometriosis - associated infertility. Hum Reprod 1996; 11(12):2736-8.
15. Benadiva CA, Kligman I, Munne S: Aneuploidy 16 in human embryos increases significantly with maternal age. Fertil Steril 1996; 66(2):248-55.
16. Kligman I, Benadiva CA, Alikani M, Munne S: The presence of multinucleated blastomeres in human embryos is correlated with chromosomal abnormalities. Hum Reprod 1996; 11(7):1492-8.
17. Katz MD, Kligman I, Cai, LQ, Zhu YS, Fratianni, CM, Zervoudakis I, Rosenwaks Z, Imperato-McGinley J: Paternity by intrauterine insemination in a male pseudohermaphrodite with a 5 "-reductase - 2 gene defect. N Engl J Med 1997; 336(14):994-7.
18. Spandorfer S., Fierro C, Kligman I, Liu H-C, Neuer A, Witkin SS, Rosenwaks Z: Endometriosis: Analysis of 1417 consecutive cycles of IVF. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 1997; 5:202.
19. Benadiva CA, Davis O, Kligman I, Moomjy M, Liu HC, Rosewaks Z: Withholding gonadotropin administration is an effective alternative for the prevention of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Fertil Steril 1997; 67(4):724-7.
20. Kligman I, Jeremias J, Rosenwaks Z, Witkin S.S.: Cell-mediated immunity to human and Escherichia coli 60-kDa heat shock protein in women: Association with a history of spontaneous abortion and endometriosis. Am J Reprod Immunol (Denmark) 1998; 40(1):32-6.
21. Spandorfer SD, Chung PH, Kligman I, Liu HC, Davis OK, Rosenwaks Z: An analysis of the effect of age on implantation rates. J Assist Reprod Genet 2000; 17(6):303-6.
22. Chen D, Kligman I, Rosenwaks Z: Heterotopic cervical pregnancy successfully treated with transvaginal ultrasound-guided aspiration and cervical-stay sutures. Fertil Steril 2001; 75(5):1030-3.
23. Kligman I, Rosenwaks Z: Differentiating clinical profiles: Predicting good responders, poor responders, and hyperresponders. Fertil Steril 2001; 76(6):1185-90.
24. Kligman I: Computer-assisted controlled ovarian hyperstimulation: Where are the assisted reproductive technologies? Fertil Steril 2002; 77(3):461-2.
25. He J, McDermott DA, Song Y, Gilbert F, Kligman I, Basson CT: Preimplantation genetic diagnosis of human congenital heart malformation and Holt-Oram syndrome. Am J Med Genet Part A 2004;126A(1):93-8.
26. Fasouliotis SJ, Davis O, Schattman G, Spandorfer S, Kligman I, Rosenwaks Z: Safety and efficacy of infertile treatment after consecutive management of borderline ovarian tumors: A preliminary report. Fertil Steril 2004; 82(3):568-72.
27. He, J., McDermott, D. A., Song, Y., Gilbert, F., Kligman, I., & Basson, C. T. (2004). Preimplantation genetic diagnosis of human congenital heart malformation and Holt-Oram syndrome. Am J Med Genet A, 126(1), 93-98.
28. Kligman, I., & Roberts, J. E. (2004). Superovulation and intrauterine insemination. In: Martini L (ed.) Encyclopedia of Endocrinology and Endocrine Diseases. San Diego, California: Academic Press.
29. McDermott, D. A., He, J., Song, Y. S., Kligman, I., & Basson, C. T. (2005). Update: PGD and Holt-Oram syndrome. Am J Med Genet A, 136(2), 223.
30. Shamonki, M.I., Kligman, I., Shamonki, J.M., Schattman, G. L., Hyjek, E., Spandorfer, S.D., Zaninovic, N., Rosenwaks, Z. (2006) Immunohistochemical expression of endometrial L-selection ligand is higher in donor egg recipients with embryonic implantation. Fertil Steril, 86(5):1365-75.
31. Abdallah RT, Kligman I. Is there a role for laparoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility in the 21st century? Middle East Fertility Society Journal. 2010; 15(3):147-150.
32. Abdallah R, Kligman I, Davis O, Rosenwaks Z. Withholding gonadotropins until human chorionic gonadotropin administration. Semin Reprod Med. 2010; 28(6):486-92.
33. Shastri SM, Barbieri E, Kligman I, Schoyer KD, Davis OK, Rosenwaks Z. Stimulation of the young poor responder: comparison of the luteal estradiol/gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist priming protocol versus oral contraceptive microdose leuprolide. Fertil Steril. 2011; 95(2):592-5.
34. Reichman DE, Greenwood E, Meyer L, Kligman I, Rosenwaks Z. Can in vitro fertilization cycles be salvaged by repeat administration of intramuscular human chorionic gonadotropin the day after failed injection? Fertil Steril. 2012;98(3):671-4.
1. Rodriguez V, Angulo A, Botero LF and Kligman I (editors): Manual de normas para el manejo de entidades Gineco-Obstetricas (Manual of norms and procedures for the management of gynecological and obstetrical entities). Bogot<: Editorial Universidad Javeriana, 1986.
- Routine Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Gynecologic Endocrinology
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Reproductive Health
- Reproductive Medicine
- Minimally Invasive Gyn Surgery
- Tubal Surgery
- Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Advanced Gynecologic Surgery
- Artificial Insemination
- Assisted Reproduction
- Chronic Pelvic Pain In Female
- Complex Gynecologic Surgery
- Female Hirsutism
- Egg Donation
- Female Genital Disorder
- Female Hormones
- Female Pelvic Surgery
- Fibroid Surgery
- Fibroid Tumor
- Gynecologic Hormonal Disorders
- Gynecological Laparoscopic Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Hormone Disorder
- Hormone Replacement
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Hormone Testing
- Hysteroscopic Procedures
- Hysteroscopic-Advanced Surgery
- Female Infertility
- Infertility Assessment
- Infertility Procedures
- Infertility Surgery
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) Insertions
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Irregular Periods/Menstrual Cycles
- Irregular Menstrual Bleeding
- Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery
- Microsurgical Tubal Surgery
- Ovarian Cyst
- Ovarian Hormone Disorders
- Ovulation Induction
- Ovulation Induction Monitoring
- Pelvic Pain In Female
- Polycystic Ovary
- Postmenopausal Status
- Postcoital Test
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Tubal Anastomosis
- Tubal Ligation
- Tubal Ligation Reversals
- Uterine Ablations
- Uterine Fibroid
Contact and Practices
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
- M.D., University Javeriana Faculty of Medicine (Colombia), 1981