George Shih, M.D.
George Shih, M.D. is Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Associate Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. He received his B.S. degree in Computer Science from Duke University in 1994. He earned a Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Electrical Engineering in January 1997 from Duke University School of Engineering and a Diplome d’Ingenieur, Electrical Engineering from the Ecole Nationale Superieure de Telecommunications in Paris, France in January 1997 (dual degree).
Dr. Shih remained at Duke, earning his M.D. in May 2000 from the Duke University School of Medicine. After completing his internship year in the Department of Medicine at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY in 2000-2001, Dr. Shih completed his radiology residency training (2001-2005) in Diagnostic Radiology at Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY. Dr. Shih was awarded the Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award (2003) and the Columbia University Housestaff Research Scholarship (2003). Dr. Shih remained at Columbia’s Department of Radiology for an MRI Fellowship (2005-2006) with emphasis on Musculoskeletal, Body, Cardiac MRI and Peripheral MRA.
Dr. Shih achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2005.
In July 2006, Dr. Shih was recruited to Weill Cornell’s Department of Radiology as an Assistant Professor and as Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
As a member of the Abdominal Imaging Division in Weill Cornell's Department of Radiology, Dr. Shih performs a wide variety of studies in CT, MRI and Ultrasound. Dr. Shih has developed an interest and clinical expertise in genitourinary radiology. He holds a secondary faculty appointment in the Department of Urology at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Selected Bibliography :
1) G Shih and P Lakhani. Is Android or iPhone the platform for Innovation in Imaging Informatics? Journal of Digital Imaging. Accepted for publication in Oct 2009 issue.
4) WJ Shih, G Shih, Wen-Shen Huang, and Primo Milan. Duodenogastric Reflux in a Hiatus Hernia shown as Retro-cardiac Activity on Raw Data Images of Tc-99m tetrofosmin Cardiac SPECT. J of Nucl Med Technolo. 2007; 35 (4) 252-254.
5) WJ Shih, G Shih, Wen-Sheng Huang. Active Bleeding in Hematoma of the Abdominal Rectus Muscle Shown by Tc-99m RBC Scintigraphy: Compared with Computed Tomography. Clin Nucl Med 2008; 33:301-304.
Selected Review Articles, Chapters and/or Textbooks :
1) JR Haaga. CT and MR of the Whole Body. Mesentery Chapter (Yong Auh, Sophia Kung, George Shih). December 2008.
- Abdominal Imaging
Contact and Practices
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- M.S., Duke University, 1997
- M.D., Duke University School of Medicine, 2000