Erica Phillips-Caesar, M.D.
Marian Wright Edelman said it best "Service is the rent we pay to be living. It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time." My role as a primary care physician is to provide an invaluable service to patients of diverse backgrounds and beliefs.
Dr. Erica G. Phillips-Caesar is a graduate of the University of Virginia. She received her medical degree from Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1998 and completed her Internal Medicine Residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in 2001. Dr. Phillips-Caesar received a Masters of Science in Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research in 2003 from Weill Cornell.
Therafter she joined the division of general internal medicine where she conducted research focused on the use of communuty based participatiy research in addressing minority health issues. Dr. Phillips-Caesar joined the full time faculty at Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associates in 2006.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Boutin-Foster, Palermo, Phillips. The Role of Community-Academic Partnerships: Implications for Medical Education, Research, and Patient Care. Progress in Community Health Partnerships. 2008; 2(1): 53-58
Phillips-Caesar, Coady, Blaney et al. Predictors of Infuenza Vaccination in an Urban Community During a National Shortage. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2008; 19:611-624
Ogedegbe, Chaplin, Schoenthale, Statman, berger, Richardson, Phillips et al. A Practice-Based Trial of Motivational Interviewing and Adherence in Hypertensive African Americans. 2008; 21:1137-1143
Bryant WK, Ompad DC, Sisco S, Blaney S,Glidden K, Phillips E, Vlahov D,Galea S. Determinants of influenza vaccination in hard-to-reach urban populations. Preventive Medicine. 2006;43 (1): 60-70
Mancuso CA, Sayles W, Robbins L, Phillips E et al. Barriers and Facilitators to Healthy Activity in Asthma Patients. Journal of Asthma. 2006; 43:137-143
Spencer, J, Phillips E., Ogedegbe, G. Knowledge, Attitudes, Beliefs and Blood Pressure Control in a Community-Based Sample in Ghana. Ethnicity & Disease. 2005; 15(4):748-752
Honors and Awards
Dr. Cecil Marquez Student Award of Excellence, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Malcolm X Scholar, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
Contact and Practices
- Internal Medicine
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1998
- M.S., Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 2003