Erika Abramson, M.D.
Dr. Erika Abramson is an Assistant Professor in Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician in the Division of General Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. She is also an Associate Program Director for Pediatric Graduate Medical Education. Dr. Abramson is board certified in General Pediatrics.
A native of New York City, Dr. Abramson completed her undergraduate work at Yale University in 1999. She received her medical degree (M.D.) at New York University School of Medicine in 2003, achieving membership into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society. Dr. Abramson completed her residency in Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in 2006. That year, she also received a Distinguished Housestaff Award and from 2006-2007, she served as Chief Resident.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- HEAL NY: Promoting interoperable health information technology in New York State. Kern LM, Barron Y, Abramson EL, Patel V, Kaushal R. Health Aff (Millwood). 2009 Mar-Apr;28(2):493-504.
- Implementing a patient safety and quality program across two merged pediatric institutions. Abramson E, Hyman D, Osorio SN, Kaushal R. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2009 Jan;35(1):43-8.
- Unit-based clinical pharmacists' prevention of serious medication errors in pediatric inpatients. Kaushal R, Bates DW, Abramson EL, Soukup JR, Goldmann DA. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2008 Jul 1;65(13):1254-60.
- Pelavin P, Abramson E, Pon S, Vogiatzi M. Extended-Release Glipizide Overdose Presenting with Delayed Hypoglycemia and Treated with Subcutaneous Octreotide. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism. In press.
- Morrissey A, Rosner E, Lanning J, Parachuru L, Dhar Chowdhury P, Hans S,Lopez G, Tong XY, Nakamura TY, Artman M, Giblin JP, Tinker A, Coetzee WA. Immunolocalization of KAPT channel subunits in mouse and rat cardiac myocytes and the coronary vasculature. BMC Physiology 5:(1), January 2005
- Pountey, D., Z-Q Sun, L. Porter, M. Nitabach, T. Nakamura, D. Holmes, E. Rosner, M. Kaneko, T. Manaris, T. Holmes and W. COetzee. Is the molecular composition of K(ATP) channels more complex than orginally thought? J Mol Cell Cardiol 33(8): 1541-6, 2001.
Honors and Awards
Student Scholars in Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke, American Heart Association, 2002
Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society, 2003
Distinguished Housestaff Award, NYPH-Weill Cornell Medical Center, 2006
- General Pediatrics
- B.A., Yale University, 1999
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2003
- M.Sc., Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 2009