David Pisapia, M.D.
As a neuropathologist I am committed to treating every surgical specimen I receive with the utmost care and attention. Patients and their treating physicians rely on an accurate and comprehensive pathology report that often serves as the foundation for devising the most effective treatment strategy. I am constantly thinking about ways to improve the handling and analysis of surgical specimens with the goal of providing the most clinically meaningful information to patients and their treatment team.
Dr. Pisapia is a board-certified anatomic pathologist and neuropathologist who specializes in the diagnosis of neoplasms and other disorders within the central nervous system. He obtained his B.A. from Columbia University in 2000 and his M.D. from Weill Cornell Medical College in 2009. He completed training in anatomic pathology at New York-Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical Center and his neuropathology fellowship training at New York-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Pisapia's research interests include furthering the molecular characterization of brain tumors in an effort to reveal therapeutically and prognostically meaningful subclassifications of heterogeneous brain tumors that are often lumped into a single diagnostic entity.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- The integrated landscape of driver genomic alterations in glioblastoma. Nature genetics. 45(10):1141-1149. 2013
- Pearls and oy-sters: tuberculous meningitis: not a diagnosis of exclusion. Neurology. 80(4):e36-e39. 2013 Academic Article
- A case of late-onset leukoencephalopathy, calcifications, and cysts presenting with intracerebral hemorrhage resembling a neoplasm. Cerebrovascular diseases (Basel, Switzerland). 396-397. 2013
- An atypical morphologic presentation of Coccidioides spp. in fine-needle aspiration of lung. Diagnostic cytopathology. 40(2):163-167. 2012
- Heterotopic pancreatic neoplasm presenting as an obstructing mass at the fourth portion of the duodenum. JOP : Journal of the pancreas. 12(3):241-243. 2011
- Thymomas, committees, and memory lapses. American journal of clinical pathology. 2011
- Brain Tumor
Contact and Practices
- Anatomic Pathology
- B.A., Columbia College-Columbia University, 2000
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, 2009