Calvin Sy, M.D.
Dr. Calvin Sy is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. He is a member of the Emergency Radiology Division.
Dr. Sy earned his B.S. degree from the University of California, San Diego in 1998. He was awarded his M.D. degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA in 2002. Dr. Sy was an intern (2002-2003) at the UPMC Shady Side Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA and received his radiology residency training (2003-2007) in Diagnostic Radiology at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY. This was followed by a Fellowship in Body- MRI Imaging at Weill Cornell Medical College-NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in 2007-2008.
Dr. Sy achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2007.
Dr. Sy was recruited to join the full-time faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College, Department of Radiology after completing his Fellowship. Dr. Sy has developed clinical expertise in Emergency Radiology and performs a wide variety of exams in CT, MRI, ultrasound, and x-ray.
In addition to clinical duties, Dr. Sy is an active and dedicated teacher of residents, fellows and medical students.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
Contact and Practices
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- B.S., University of California, San Diego, 1998
- M.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2002