Christine L. Frissora, M.D.
Dr. Frissora is an Associate Professor of Medicine, The Joan Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University &Assistant Attending Physician, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Cornell Campus.
Dr. Frissora is board certified in gastroenterology. She has given numerous invited presentations and directed several courses on Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Dr. Frissora has been a consultant for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Regional and National Advisory Boards. Her special interests include Irritable Bowel syndrome; Colonoscopy and Colon Cancer Screening and prevention, and gastrointestinal endoscopy.
A graduate of Cornell University, Dr. Frissora earned her medical degree from Cornell University in Manhattan and completed her residency at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in New York. She then pursued subspecialty training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, the treatment of stomach and intestinal disorders. Dr. Frissora is a faculty member of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University. She has given numerous invited presentations and directed several courses on Irritable Bowel Syndrome, an area of expertise. Dr. Frissora was elected upon the recommendation of peers and the review of ACP-ASIM credentials subcommittee to the Society of Internists. The distinction recognizes achievements in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
2. Frissora C, "What to Do About Constipation", Healthology Internet Website, 1999
3. Frissora C, "Common Gastrointestinal Problems in Pregnancy", Healthology, 1999
4. Frissora C, Fein B, Frager D, Kotler D.CMV and Lymphoma coexist in American AM J Gastro 89(9); 5:29 A, 1994
5. Frissora C, McCray RS. An unusual cause of hematemesis, AM J Gastro 89(9):05/27 A, 1994
6. Frissora C, Frager D. Aortic dissection in "noncardiac" chest pain, AM J Gastro 90 (9): 05/28 A, 1994
7. Rosman A, Frissora C, Marshall ST, Reiter BP, Paronetto F. Cholestatic Jaundice following Flutamide. Dig Dis & Sci 38(9): 1756-9, 1993
8. Frissora C, Rosman A, Marshall ST, Reiter BP, Paronetto F.Clinical Case Presentation: Jaundice in a patient with prostate cancer. MSJM 60(5) 134A, 1993
9. Weiss AA, Slater G, Sandler A, Frissora C, Bodian C, Chen A, Itzkowitz SH. Expression of blood group A antigen colon cancer tissue is not predictive of patient survival. Gastro 102:478 1992.
10. Pavlakis SG, Frissora C, Giampetro PF, Davis JG, Gould RJ, Adler-Brecher B, Auerbach AD, Fanconi anemia, a model for genetic causes of abnormal brain development. Dev Med & Child Neur 34(12); 1081-4, 1992.
11. Alter BP, Frissora C, Halperin DS, Freedman MH, Chitkara U, Alvarez E, Lynch L Adler- Brecher B, Auerbach AD. Fanconi anemia and pregnancy. Blood 76: 23A, 1990
12. Auerbach AD, Frissora C, Ritgako A. International Fanconi Anemia registry (IFAR): Survival and prognostic factors. Blood 74: 43A, 1989
Honors and Awards
Elected by her peers to the Society of Internists, a distinction that recognizes achievements in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disorder
- Colon Cancer and Polyps
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Contact and Practices
- Internal Medicine
- B.A., Cornell University, 1986
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, NY, 1990