Catherine E. McGuinn, M.D.
Caring for pediatric hematology oncology patients requires a dedicated, compassionate and integrated medical team. I am proud to be part of the Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology as we strive to advance the treatment of children with cancer and blood disorders.
Dr. Catherine McGuinn is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork -Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. McGuinn is board certified in Pediatrics.
She completed her undergraduate work at Yale University receiving a Bachelor of Arts with a focus in History. A native of New York City, she returned to New York where she received her medical degree from New York University's School of Medicine and completed her internship and residency in Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital at the Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. McGuinn remained at Columbia for her fellowship training in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, where she selected as Chief Fellow and recognized as Fellow of the Year in 2010.D. McGuinn's clinical interests include the diagnosis and management of children with hematologic and oncologic disorders, with a special interest in disorders of thrombosis and hemostasis, bone marrow failure syndromes, hemoglobinopathies, vascular tumors and benign hematology.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- Pediatric Hematology
- Pediatric Oncology
- Coagulation Defect
- Coagulation Disorder
Contact and Practices
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- B.A., Yale University, 2001
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2005