Andrea S. Wang, M.D.
Andrea Wang, MD, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Wang practices general adult and pediatric otolaryngology.
Dr. Wang graduated from Columbia University with a B.A. in Music and Pre-Medical Studies. She received her medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC. Dr. Wang completed her internship in General Surgery and residency training in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital, the University Hospitals of Columbia and Cornell. During residency, she received the Shain Schley Resident Teaching Award, as well as a research award for her work in examining HPV in unknown primary cancer of the neck.
Dr. Wang has presented at national meetings, and has been published in several peer reviewed journals. Her clinical interests include allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, adenoid and tonsil disease, salivary gland disease, and obstructive sleep apnea. She is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery and the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Dr. Wang sees patients at the Weill Cornell Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery offices at 2315 Broadway at 84th Street and at 1305 York Avenue at 70th Street. She performs surgeries at New York Presbyterian Hospital at 525 E. 68th Street.
If you are scheduled to see Dr. Wang as a new patient, please print and complete the Patient Packet and bring it with you on the day of your appointment.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Ear, Nose and Throat Disorder
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Salivary Gland Disease
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Tonsil and Adenoid Problems
Contact and Practices
- B.A., Columbia College-Columbia University, 2002
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2008