Alexa B. Adams, M.D.
Dr. Alexa B. Adams specializes in the treatment of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile dermatomyositis, childhood systemic lupus and vaculitides of childhood. Throughout her career, Dr. Adams has won numerous awards, including the Distinguished house Staff Award, and has been an active member of several associations for medical professionals. She is currently an Assistant Attending Pediatric Rheumatologist at Hospital for Special Surgery.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Spondyloarthropathy: “Arthritis of the Back”
- Test of a Systematic Two Drug Regimen Shows Prolonged Improvement in Lupus and Reduction of Steroid Dosage
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon: A Primer for Physicians
- Adams A, Onel KB, Lehman TJA. Inflammatory Myopathy and Celiac Disease. Pediatric Rheumatology Online Journal. 2005; 3(1).
- Adams A, Kazim M, Lehman TJA. Treatment of Orbital Myositis with Adalimumab (Humira). The Journal of Rheumatology. 2005; 32(7): 1374-5.
- Adams A, Lehman TJA. Update on the Pathogenesis and Treatment of Systemic Onset Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Current Opinion in Rheumatology. 2005; 17(5): 612-16.
- Adams A, MacDermott EJ, Lehman TJA. Pharmacology of Lupus Nephritis in Children: A Recommended Treatment Approach. Drugs. 2006; 66(9): 1191-207.
For more publications, please see the PubMed listing.
- Pediatric Vascular Anomalies
- Systemic Lupus
- Juvenile Dermatomyositis
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
Contact and Practices
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1994
- M.D., Medical University of South Carolina, 1999