Yunshan Gao, LCSW is a clinical social worker in the department of psychiatry at the Weill Cornell Psychiatry Collaborative Care Center.
Specialties and Expertise
- Panic Disorder
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Anger Problems
- Problems of Adjustment to Life-Cycle Transitions
Yunshan is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and specializes in treating adults who struggles with anxiety, panic disorder, PTSD, depression, lowself-esteem, anger, relational issues, and life transitions. Yunshan uses cognitive behavioral therapy and psychodynamic approach to help patients gain awareness, develop healthy perspectives, new skills, and identify ways to break the pattern, restore self-confidence and bring back control over life.
Yunshan earned her Master of Social Work degree from New York University. She received training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy from the Beck Institute, as well as training on interpersonal psychodynamic therapy from the William Alason White Institute. Prior to joining the Collaborative Care Center, Yunshan worked in an Office of Mental Health Community Based Clinic, where she provided individual psychotherapy for adults and supervision for clinicians.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported