Yoon Kang, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- * AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- * CIGNA
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, 1995
Honors and Awards
Distinguished Service Teaching Award, Washington University School of Medicine; 1999 and 2001
Award for Teaching Excellence, Weill Cornell Medical College; 2007
Harvard-Macy Scholar Program: Leaders in Healthcare Education, Harvard School of Medicine;2001
Harvard-Macy Scholar Program: Learning Innovations in Health Care and Education, Harvard School of Medicine; 2007
Richard P. Cohen, M.D. Associate Professor of Medical Education
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Attending Physician
Associate Professor of Medicine (Education)
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Yoon Kang, M.D. graduated from the University of Pennsylvania summa cum laude in 1991 with a degree in economics and a concentration in finance. She then went on to earn her M.D in 1995 from Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Kang completed her internal medicine residency and Chief Residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in 1999. She subsequently became a faculty member at Washington University School of Medicine where her primary focus turned to teaching using simulated clinical encounters, and Washington University appointed her its Director of Standardized Patient Programs.
In 2003, Dr. Kang joined the faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College as Director of Standardized Patient Programs, launching the college's simulation training programming. She was then charged with leading the task force for the design and development of the Margaret and Ian Smith Clinical Skills Center, Weill Cornell's custom-built facility for simulation sessions. Upon its completion in 2006, Dr. Kang was appointed the Director of the Center.
Dr Kang continues to develop and implement new curricula in simulation for medical students and residents. She has won numerous teaching awards and was named the Richard P. Cohen Associate Professor of Medical Education in 2009. She is a member of Alpha Omega Alpha, is active in the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, and is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.