You are here
New York, NY 10065
Specialties & Expertise
- Nuclear Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2002
- B.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1998
Yuliya S. Jhanwar, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Body Imaging and Nuclear Medicine. She is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Jhanwar earned her B.S.in Biology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) , Cambridge, MA in 1998. She then attended Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY and was awarded her M.D. degree in 2002.
Dr. Jhanwar did a transitional internship year in the Department of Medicine at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) in NYC where she remained for a research fellowship in Molecular Imaging Training in Oncology and two years of residency training in Nuclear Medicine when she served as Chief Resident (2004-2006). This was followed by a Fellowship in Nuclear Oncology and PET/CT, also at MSKCC.
After completing residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center/Beth Israel Medical Center in NYC (2007-2011) she was appointed Assistant Attending Radiologist at St. Luke’s Roosevelt and Assistant Clinical Professor of Radiology at Columbia College of Physicians & Surgeons. Dr. Jhanwar joined the full-time radiology faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College in November 2012. She achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2011 and Board Certification in Nuclear Medicine from the American Board of Nuclear Medicine in 2006.
Dr. Jhanwar’s clinical expertise is in body imaging, nuclear medicine and molecular imaging. She interprets a variety of body imaging studies (MRI, CT, radiographs) with special interest in oncology and she also performs nuclear medicine studies including PET/CT, SPECT studies, as well as thyroid treatments and radio-immunotherapy. She also has extensive breast imaging experience, including experience performing image guided biopsies as well as peri-operative needle localizations.
Dr. Jhanwar’s research focuses on PET/CT and molecular imaging with an emphasis on oncology. Previous work examined a novel PET tracer, 16beta-18F-fluoro-5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (FDHT) in prostate tumors. Currently, her interests are nuclear medicine studies for breast and gynecologic tumors.
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Jhanwar is an active teacher of residents, nuclear medicine fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Jhanwar is a member of the radiological societies listed below:
· American College of Radiology (ACR)
· New York Breast Imaging Society
· American College of Nuclear Medicine