W. Beau Mitchell, M.D.
One of the best things about pediatric hematology/oncology is working with the entire family, and the close relationship formed while treating a wide range of conditions. There is also a close relationship between research and hematology/oncology, and I enjoy being part of the culture of research at Weill Cornell Medicine through ongoing clinical and laboratory studies. Patients truly benefit from the continually advancing knowledge that research brings to the field, and we have seen some dramatic advances just in the past few years. I am excited to see what the future holds for my patients.
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Platelet Disorder
- Coagulation Disorder
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- B.A., Oberlin College, 1986
- M.D., Tufts University School of Medicine, 1994
Honors and Awards
Best Figure of the Year 2005, Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 12/05
First place, Fellow’s Research Night, New York Society for the Study of Blood, 7/01
Mildred Ann Myerson Memorial Scholarship, 5/94 “given to a student who has shown a high degree of understanding, integrity, and maturity of character in the care of the patient”
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Board-certified in both pediatrics and hematology/oncology, Dr. Beau Mitchell is Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College. He also serves as Lab Head of the Laboratory of Platelet Biology at the New York Blood Center, a lab he helped establish in 2006.
Dr. Mitchell received his B.A. at Oberlin College and his medical degree (M.D.) at Tufts University, Boston, MA. He remained in Boston to complete his residency in pediatrics at Boston City Hospital and Boston Medical Center. Following residency, Dr. Mitchell came to New York to complete a fellowship in pediatric hematology/oncology at Mount Sinai Medical Center.