Locations and Appointments
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Respiratory Failure
- Status Asthmaticus
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Facilitate Communication With Family
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, 2010
- B.A., University of Puerto Rico, 2006
I first became interested in pediatric critical care as a medical student during one of my pediatric electives. I was amazed at how a team of specialists, including doctors of varying subspecialties, nurses, social workers, respiratory therapists, and support staff would come together to care for children in their most vulnerable moments. Over the years, my passion for this field has only grown. I consider it a great privilege to care for children with critical illness and their families and it is my goal to provide them with the best care possible.
Dr. Veronica Ramirez-Ramon is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist and the Phyllis and David Komansky Children's Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
She received a bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras Campus. She then received her medical degree (M.D.) from the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, and completed her residency training in Pediatrics at the University Pediatric Hospital, affiliated to the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, where she then served as chief resident. She stayed on to work as an Assistant Professor in Pediatrics prior to fellowship training, which she completed in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Ramirez-Ramon is board certified in Pediatrics and board-eligible in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.
During fellowship, Dr. Ramirez-Ramon had the opportunity to develop a distinct academic focus in traumatic brain injury and neurocritical care. She is driven to better understand current practices regarding the use of imaging to guide management in patients with traumatic brain injury. She is also interested in large database studies and how they can be used as a tool to better understand national trends in patient care and management.
In addition to her research and teaching experience, Dr. Ramirez-Ramon is interested in quality improvement and patient care initiatives, particularly in the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). During fellowship, she created a template to standardize family meetings for chronic PICU patients, with the goal of improving team communication and family satisfaction.
A native Spanish speaker as well as fluent in English, Dr. Ramirez-Ramon is also interested in the important role of language in communicating difficult news to families in the ICU.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2013, Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- 2013, Felicita Gotay Award, Outstanding Resident in PICU Rotation