Usama Gergis, M.D.
This physician serves at one of the most comprehensive care facilities in the world - the renowned NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. All Weill Cornell Physicians are committed to delivering outstanding medical care with compassion and concern for each patient. They are part of Weill Cornell's 100 year old tradition of excellence in academic medicine. Weill Cornell Physicians are academic leaders responsible for many health-restoring medical breakthroughs and advances.
Usama Gergis M.D. was appointed to the faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College as Assistant Professor of Medicine and Assistant Attending Physician in the Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology in September 2007. He has joined the Leukemia service at the WCMC, a nationaly recognized program in bone marrow failure syndromes.
Since completing his professional training in 2006, Dr. Gergis has pursued a fellowship in bone marrow transplantation at the Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research instiute at the University of South Florida.
Dr. Gergis is specialized in treating a wide spectrum of bone marrow failure syndromes with conventional and novel agents.
His focus of interest is applying the new advances in hematopoeitic stem cell transplant to broaden the spectrum of eligible patients for this potentialy curative treatment.
Dr. Gergis also enjoys teaching medical residents and hematology/oncology fellows and will continue to be involved in training future generations as part of our Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
1-Gergis U, Perkins J,Anasetti C. et al. Voriconazole is effective prophylaxix for Aspergillus Invasive Fungal Infection (IFI) in patients receiving glucocorticosteroid therapy for GVHD after allogeneic transplantation. Bio. bone marrow transplantation (in press)
2. Mar N, Khaled S, Kencana F, Gergis U, Khattak F, Brodosky N, Gotlieb V. Multiple Lymphomatous Polyposis as a Sole Presentation of Mantle Cell Lymphoma. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2006 Aug; 40(7) : 653-4.
3. Gotlib V, Singareddy S, Gergis U, Vakios J, Guevara E, Chadburn A, Yavorkovsky L, Patel A, Butt A, Nayak A.
Leptomeningeal Involvement in a Patient with Splenic Lymphoma with Villous Lymphocytes. Leukemia and Lymphoma, 2002 Vol. 43 (6), pp. 1337-1340
Honors and Awards
Internal Medicine (Hematology)
Internal Medicine (Clinical Oncology)
- Medical Oncology
- Bone Marrow Disorder
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- M.B.,Ch.B., University of Cairo, Faculty of Medicine (Egypt), 1996