Trisha Youn, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
Trisha Youn, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Nuclear Medicine. She is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Youn earned her B.S., with honors, in Human Biology Health and Society from Cornell University in 2001. She was awarded her M.D. degree from New York University School of Medicine in 2007. After graduating Cornell University, she was a research assistant in a neuroscience laboratory at Columbia University (2001 to 2003).
Dr. Youn did a transitional year in internal medicine at New York Hospital Queens in Flushing, NY before completing a residency in diagnostic radiology (2008-2012) at Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola, NY. This was followed a year of fellowship training (2012-2013) in Nuclear Radiology at the Joint Program in Nuclear Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Youn joined the Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Radiology faculty in July 2013.
Dr. Youns’s clinical expertise is in Nuclear Medicine. She interprets PET/CT as well as general nuclear medicine studies and performs thyroid treatment and radio-immunotherapy. She achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in July 2012
Dr. Youns’s research interests involve cardiac PET/SPECT and inflammatory breast cancer.
In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Youn teaches residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Youn is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
· Society of Nuclear Medicine/Molecular Imaging
· American College of Radiology (ACR)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2007
- B.S., Cornell University, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans