Tiffany Schumaker, D.O.
I was fortunate to recognize my passion for pediatric endocrinology early in my medical career. Being a pediatric endocrinologist has given me the opportunity to combine my love of this field of medicine as well as be an advocate for my patients and their families at the time of diagnosis as well as throughout childhood. Many of the conditions that pediatric endocrinologists treat are lifelong diagnoses, therefore I believe the most important part of being a pediatric endocrinologist is to maintain an honest and understanding relationship with my patients and their caregivers, to facilitate the best care possible.
Specialties and Expertise
- Endocrine Disorder Related to Puberty
- Growth Disorder
- Thyroid Disorder
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
- Childhood Obesity
- Metabolic Syndrome
Dr. Tiffany Schumaker is an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an assistant attending pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Children's Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Schumaker received a BA in behavioral neuroscience from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. She received her medical degree from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine and was awarded membership to the Psi Sigma Alpha National Osteopathic Honor Society. Dr. Schumaker completed her residency as well as Chief Residency, in Pediatrics, at Cohen’s Children’s Medical Center, Long Island Jewish Hospital. After chief residency, Dr. Schumaker completed her fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York. She is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric endocrinology.
Dr. Schumaker’s areas of interest include disorders of growth and puberty, thyroid disorders, adrenal steroid disorders, particularly congenital adrenal hyperplasia, Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes mellitus as well as pediatric obesity and metabolic syndrome. During her fellowship, she was involved in several obesity and diabetes related research studies. She has been published in peer-reviewed journals and has presented her work at both national and international meetings.
- American Board of Pediatrics
Education and Training
- D.O., New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2009
- B.A., Lehigh University, 2005
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported