Locations and Appointments
- General Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- Family Therapy
- Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Emotional Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Developmental Disorder
- Marital Therapy
- Mood Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Parenting Issues
- Personality Disorder
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- DeWitt Wallace Senior Scholar - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1957
Theodore Shapiro, MD maintains a faculty practice in Manhattan specializing in adolescents, adults and family isses.
Dr. Shapiro was born in New York City and schooled in NYC public schools. He received his BA from Wesleyan in 1953 then received his M.D. from Cornell Medical College in 1957. Dr. Shapiro obtained New York Psychoanalytic Institute Certificate in 1965.
Aside from private practice, Dr. Shapiro is researching language disorder, developmental disorders such as Autism and PDD, anxiety disorders, panic psychopharmacology in children, psychoanalysis, and linguistics.
Office hours are:
Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 6:15pm
Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
To schedule appointments:
Call - (212) 746-5713 [or]
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource