Theodore Shapiro, M.D.
525 East 68th Street
New York, NY 10065
Theodore Shapiro, MD maintains a private practice in Manhattan specializing in adolescents, adults and family isses.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- Family Therapy
- Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Emotional Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Developmental Disorder
- Marital Therapy
- Mood Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Parenting Issues
- Personality Disorder
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1957
Professor of Psychiatry
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Shapiro was born in New York City and schooled in NYC public schools. He received his BA from Wesleyan in 1953 then received his M.D. from Cornell Medical College in 1957. Dr. Shapiro obtained New York Psychoanalytic Institute Certificate in 1965.
Aside from private practice, Dr. Shapiro is researching language disorder, developmental disorders such as Autism and PDD, anxiety disorders, panic psychopharmacology in children, psychoanalysis, and linguistics.
Office hours are:
Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 6:15pm
Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
To schedule appointments:
Call - (212) 746-5713 [or]
Email - email@example.com