Tamara Giorgadze, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Giorgadze is an Associate Professor of Pathology and Laborator Medicine and board certified in Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology (2002) and Cytopathology (2004).
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro (Effective 1/1/2016)]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Core]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Ph.D., Tbilisi State Medical University (Georgia), 1987
- M.D., Tbilisi State Medical University (Georgia), 1982
Honors and Awards
1. Diploma with Honors, All Union Competition in Chemistry, USSR, 1975.
2. Gold Medal, 32nd High School, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia, USSR, 1976.
3. Dean’s Honor List, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia, USSR, 1976-1982.
4. First Grade Diploma, 44th Student Research Forum, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia, USSR, 1981.
5. Diploma with Highest Honors, Tbilisi State Medical Institute, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia, USSR, 1982.
6. Official Letter of Thanks from the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Georgia for the organization and presentation of medical conferences and of an International Symposium on Epidemiology of the Female Genital Tract Tumors, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia, USSR, 1986.
7. Certificate of Appreciation for participation in the 17th Annual Student Research Forum, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN, USA. 2001.
8. O-1 Visa granted (Alien of Extraordinary Abilities). 2004.
9. Visiting Professor Travel Grant from Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. Tucson, AZ, USA, 2005
10. 6th International Multidisciplinary Congress “Human Papillomavirus Infection and Global Prevention of Cervical Cancer.” Congress Registration Grant from Ventana Medical Systems Inc. (Tucson, AZ). Paris, France. 2006.
11. National Interest Waiver granted. USA. 2010.
Associate Attending Pathologist
Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College