You are here
In medical school, I was fascinated by the diagnostic puzzles of clinical neurology. While I still enjoy diagnostic challenges, forging long-term relationships with patients has proven to be the most fulfilling aspect of my medical career. My strong relationships are based upon collaboration with my patients, their caregivers, and their other health care providers.
I respect patients' time and accommodate busy schedules by offering early morning and evening appointments. I strive to maintain open and easy lines of communication by giving my patients direct phone access and by encouraging electronic communication via Weill Cornell Connect.
Specialties & Expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Electromyography (EMG)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- Neuromuscular Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Assistant Attending Neurologist
Education & Training
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2001
- B.S., Yale University, 1996
Dr. Fatimi completed her undergraduate training at Yale University in 1996 where she received a B.S. in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. She received her medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2001 where she was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and graduated with distinction in research.
During medical school, she spent additional clinical elective time in Botswana and at Christian Medical College in Vellore, India. After completing her medical internship at Columbia University Medical Center, Dr. Fatimi trained in neurology at The Neurological Institute at Columbia where she served as Chief Resident in her senior year. Following her residency, Dr. Fatimi completed a Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology at Columbia in 2006, specializing in neuromuscular disease and electromyography.
Dr. Fatimi has been certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) in the field of Neurology since 2006. She has also been board-certified by the ABPN in Neuromuscular disease since 2008. She has written a chapter with Dr. Clifton Gooch on “Peripheral Neuropathies” in Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Neurology by Dr. John C.M. Brust (2006). She also has been a contributor to the on-line textbook MedLink Neurology with Dr. Louis Weimer on the topic of “Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophies”. Her clinical interests include neuromuscular disorders such as myasthenia gravis, myopathies, and peripheral neuropathies.