Locations and Appointments
- Female Urology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Urologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Urology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Urology in Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Wake Forest University School of Medicine, 2009
- B.Sc.H., Queen's University (Canada), 2005
"I am a woman who was taught by women to take care of women." - Dr. Tanaka Dune
Tanaka J. Dune, MD, FACOG, joined Weill Cornell Medicine in the summer of 2016 as a full time faculty member in Urology. Dr. Dune is a urogynecologist at the Center for Female Pelvic Health, located at 525 East 68th Street, on the ninth floor of the F building (F9-West). On Select Wednesdays, Dr. Dune also sees patients at Weill Cornell Medicine's Lower Manhattan office at 156 William Street.
Dr. Dune graduated from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada in 2005 and then from Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, in 2009. After completing her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology from Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois, she went on to complete a fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (aka Urogynecology) at Loyola University Medical Center in Illinois. At Loyola, Dr. Dune was trained by world renowned clinicians, surgeons and researchers in the surgical and non-surgical management of all pelvic floor disorders. Dr. Dune now teaches and trains medical students and residents.
Dr. Dune sees female patients for evaluation and treatment of a wide variety of pelvic floor disorders and urogynecologic conditions, including urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, frequent urinary tract infections, fistulas, complications of vaginal mesh or slings requiring mesh removal, labial hypertrophy, various complex gynecologic conditions and other similar conditions.
Dr. Dune is dedicated to forming partnerships with each and every one of her patients, and is passionate about working together to facilitate patient education and personalized, well-rounded care.
In addition to patient care, Dr. Dune is an active researcher in the field of Urogynecology, with experience ranging from the basic, translational and clinical sciences. In particular, Dr. Dune has performed extensive research in the urinary microbiome since 2013, and she was presented with an award from the American Urogynecologic Society in 2015 for her work.
Dr. Dune has been actively involved nationally and internationally in the academic urogynecologic community. She is currently a member of the American Urogynecologic Society, and she is a fellow of the American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
"Dr Dune, is amazing - incredibly attentive, very knowledgeable and professional, uncommonly invested in her patients, kind...I don't have enough good words. I have a problem of many years that I'd just dreaded going to another new doctor about - had found little help or confidence in my previous doctor/s - was referred to her from the emergency room. She is top shelf; I'm so lucky to have found her." - Teresa Y.
If you would like to make an appointment with Dr. Dune, please call (646) 962-9600.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans