Specialties and Expertise
- Geriatric Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
Dr. Surriya Ahmad joined the Emergency Medicine department as the Geriatric Emergency Medicine Fellow. She is a graduate of Emory University and earned her medical degree from the University of Louisville. Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine, she completed her residency at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University and Kings County Hospital Center.
Dr. Ahmad has a particular interest in working to optimize communication with and providing mental health care for older adult patients, as well as streamlining transitions of care.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Clinical Emergency Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Louisville School of Medicine, 2016
- B.S., Emory University, 2012
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.