Steven Hockstein, MD, FACOG
Dr. Steven Hockstein practices at Weill Cornell Ob/Gyn’s E. 61st Street offices. He specializes in general obstetrics and gynecology.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)
- Advanced Operative Hysteroscopy
- Pregnancy Care
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopy
- Ambulatory Gynecology
- Gynecological Surgery
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Anticardiolipin Syndrome
- Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
- Induced Hypothermia
- LEEP Conization
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.D., University of Maryland School of Medicine, 1993
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Steven Hockstein's clinical practice focuses on general obstetric and gynecologic services. The ability to develop a long-term relationship with patients through caring for them throughout their lives from contraception and childbearing to menopause is the aspect of his practice that he most enjoys.
Dr. Hockstein is a member of a unique physician practice group within Weill Cornell's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. It is important for patients to feel comfortable with their physicians and he and his partners place great emphasis on patient education, helping them to make informed decision about their care.
Being a part of a small practice within a larger, top-rated institution like Weill Cornell allows Dr. Hockstein to provide patients with high-level individual attention and personal care. At the same time, being a part of an organization such as NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital allows him to provide his patients direct and immediate access to world-class facilities and specialists in virtually every field of medicine, should the need arise.
"I'm very proud of my practice and my colleagues. Our patients receive outstanding, personal care, from a group of physicians and an office staff that is thorough, professional and also friendly and accessible."
A Magna Cum Laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Hockstein received his M.D. from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. His post-doctoral training included a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Northwestern University School of Medicine's Prentice Women's Hospital. He accepted a faculty position at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University in 2000 and has been the recipient of multiple teaching awards.