Dr. Steven Hockstein practices at Weill Cornell Ob/Gyn’s E. 80th Street offices. He specializes in general obstetrics and gynecology.
Specialties and Expertise
- General OB/GYN
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)
- Advanced Operative Hysteroscopy
- Pregnancy Care
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopy
- Ambulatory Gynecology
- Gynecological Surgery
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Anticardiolipin Syndrome
- Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
- Induced Hypothermia
- LEEP Conization
Dr. Steven Hockstein's clinical practice focuses on general obstetric and gynecologic services. The ability to develop a long-term relationship with patients through caring for them throughout their lives from contraception and childbearing to menopause is the aspect of his practice that he most enjoys.
Dr. Hockstein is a member of a unique physician practice group within Weill Cornell's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. It is important for patients to feel comfortable with their physicians and he and his partners place great emphasis on patient education, helping them to make informed decision about their care.
Being a part of a small practice within a larger, top-rated institution like Weill Cornell allows Dr. Hockstein to provide patients with high-level individual attention and personal care. At the same time, being a part of an organization such as NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital allows him to provide his patients direct and immediate access to world-class facilities and specialists in virtually every field of medicine, should the need arise.
"I'm very proud of my practice and my colleagues. Our patients receive outstanding, personal care, from a group of physicians and an office staff that is thorough, professional and also friendly and accessible."
A Magna Cum Laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Hockstein received his M.D. from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. His post-doctoral training included a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Northwestern University School of Medicine's Prentice Women's Hospital. He accepted a faculty position at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University in 2000 and has been the recipient of multiple teaching awards.
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Maryland School of Medicine, 1993
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported