Locations and Appointments
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Fetal Cardiology
- Preventive Cardiology
- Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease
- Cardiac MRI
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Transthoracic Echocardiography
- Pediatric ECG
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Murmur
- Chest Pain In Children and Adolescents
- Kawasaki Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
- Coarctation of Aorta
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Atrioventricular Septal Defect
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Marfan Syndrome
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Cardiac Complications of Cancer and Cancer Therapy
- Pediatric Hypertension
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.Sc., Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine (United Kingdom), 2012
- M.D., National University of Athens Faculty of Medicine (Greece), 2006
I care for patients with congenital or acquired heart disease and their families, and my vocation is to strive for a successful outcome.
Soultana (Tania) Kourtidou, MD is an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and attending pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center and Komansky Children's Hospital.
Dr. Kourtidou specializes in non-invasive cardiac imaging, including fetal echocardiography and cardiac MRI for children and adults with congenital heart disease.
After receiving her medical degree from the University of Athens Medical School in Greece, she pursued a Masters in Preventive Cardiology at Imperial College in London, from where she graduated with distinction in research. Dr. Kourtidou completed her residency in pediatrics at St. Barnabas Hospital in The Bronx, followed by a pediatric cardiology fellowship at Seattle Children’s Hospital in Seattle, WA. Dr. Kourtidou continued her sub-specialty training in non-invasive cardiac imaging for fetal echocardiography and cardiac MRI at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. She is board-certified in Pediatrics and board-eligible in Pediatric Cardiology.
Dr. Kourtidou has a longstanding interest in clinical and quality improvement research. She has been awarded at national meetings for her work in transthoracic echocardiography, cardiac MRI and Kawasaki Disease.
Additionally, she has obtained a Safety and Quality of Care Certificate from the University of Washington and served in the House Staff Committee for Quality Improvement at the University of Washington.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- February 2019, Society of Cardiac MR Award, 22nd Annual Scientific Sessions, Bellevue, WA.
- October 2016. Alberta Corkery Fellowship Award, Seattle Children’s Hospital.
- June 2016, Top 25 Investigator Award, 27th ASE Scientific Sessions, American Society of Echocardiography, Seattle, WA.
- June 2014, Compassionate Physician Award, Pediatric Residency Program, St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY.
- May 2013, Resident Teaching Award, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY.
- October 2012, Distinction MSc Preventive Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London.