Samuel J. Lang, D.V.M., M.D.
Samuel Lang, M.D. returns to New York Hospital Queens after serving 10 years as the section chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center in Manhattan. He was an attending surgeon in both adult and pediatric cardiac surgery at New York Hospital from 1986 until 1999, and served as New York Hospital Queens’ first director of Cardiothoracic Surgery from 1996 to 1999. Dr. Lang has a strong track record for performing complex cardiac procedures including off pump coronary artery bypass surgery, minimally invasive valve repairs, aneurysm repairs, and repair of congenital heart defects.
- Surgery, Thoracic
- Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (Off Pump)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Cardiac Valve Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- D.V.M., Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, 1974
- M.D., University of Alabama School of Medicine, 1978
Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Professor of Clinical Cardiothoracic Surgery
Weill Cornell Medical College
Samuel Lang, M.D., returns to New York Hospital Queens after serving 10 years as section chief of cardiothoracic surgery at St. Vincent Catholic Medical Center in Manhattan.
He served as New York Hospital Queens' first director of cardiothoracic surgery from 1996 to 1999.
Dr. Lang has a strong track record for performing procedures such as multiple artery bypass, repair of valves, congenital heart defects and surgical ablation of cardiac arrhythmias.