Specialties and Expertise
- Corneal Surgery
- Refractive Surgery, Cornea
- Refractive Surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Disorder
- Corneal Disease
- LASIK Surgery
- Corneal Transplant
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Laser Vision Correction
- Laser Vision Correction Surgery
- Clinical Research
- Problems With Sight
- Dry Eyes
Welcome, and thank you for entrusting your eye care to me and the Weill Cornell Department of Ophthalmology! Here at Weill Cornell, my colleagues and I are committed to providing you with excellent, compassionate eye care based on the latest techniques and most up-to-date standards in our field. I am dedicated to helping my patients and their families better understand their eye condition and treatment options, so that we may work together to develop a personalized plan that integrates the most advanced medical and surgical therapies with their personal treatment goals. Though I am actively involved in research and medical student and resident education, your eye care is my top priority – I offer a variety of general ophthalmology, cornea, cataract and refractive surgery treatments to optimize your eye health. Some of these services include: general eye examinations, cataract surgery, refractive surgery (such as LASIK or PRK), corneal transplantation, and management of corneal disease, ocular surface disease and dry eyes. I am honored and privileged to care for you and your eye health as part of the Weill Cornell Family, and I look forward to meeting you!
Dr. Shaily Shah is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Weill Cornell Medicine. Her practice interests include corneal diseases and corneal surgery, advanced cataract surgery, laser vision correction, and comprehensive ophthalmology.
Dr. Shah received her undergraduate education at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she graduated Cum Laude, and received the distinction of graduating as part of the University Honors Program. She then obtained her M.D. from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with an additional year of advanced laboratory research in Ophthalmology. There, she was inducted into the prestigious Gold Humanism Honor Society and graduated with an award for Distinction in Research. She continued her training at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn, New York where she completed her Ophthalmology Residency and served as chief resident. She then went on to complete her fellowship in Cornea, External Disease and Refractive surgery at the Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City.
Dr. Shah is dedicated to advancing the field of ophthalmology, both through education of the future generation of ophthalmologists, as well as through research to advance medical and surgical therapies. She is dedicated to teaching residents and medical students and has an interest in international medicine, having travelled abroad to teach patients and peers in corneal transplantation through the Teaching Eye Surgery Foundation. Dr. Shah is also actively involved in research endeavors and is the author and co-author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and textbook chapters and has presented her work at various scientific meetings.
Dr. Shah is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons, and the Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s Gold Humanism Honor Society, among many other professional associations.
Dr. Shah is committed to providing excellent, personalized and up-to-date patient care and her ability to speak Spanish, Gujarati and Hindi bridges language gaps to ensure the best patient experience. Her clinical interests include corneal and anterior segment diseases in both adult and pediatric populations, ocular surface disorders, dry eye, corneal transplantation, cataract surgery and laser vision correction but she also provides care for general eye patients and treats a variety of ophthalmic diseases.
Dr. Shah is currently accepting new patients. Appointments can be made by calling 646-962-2020, or by visiting http://www.weillcornelleye.org/.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Intern in Internal Medicine (“Intern of the Year”), St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital, June 2015
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine Distinction in Research Award, January 2014
- Gold Humanism Honor Society (Arnold P. Gold Foundation), May 2013
- President’s Volunteer Service Award, August 2012
- Cum Laude Honors, UCLA, June 2009
- University Honors Program, UCLA, June 2009
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Ophthalmologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2014
- B.S., University of California, Los Angeles, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY