Simin Soltani Frisk, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., University of Goteborg, Faculty of Medicine (Sweden), 1994
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist
Dr. Simin Frisk is a board-certified Anesthesiologist with a subspecialty in Thoracic Anesthesia. A native of Iran, Dr. Frisk earned her medical degree from the Sahlgrenska Academy at Gothenburg University in Gothenburg, Sweden in 1994. After training in Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology in Sweden, Dr. Frisk completed residency training in Anesthesiology at Tulane University Medical Center in New Orleans in 2006. She also did part of her training at the MD Anderson Cancer Center and Texas Heart Institute in Houston. She completed fellowship training in Thoracic Anesthesia at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and then held a faculty appointment at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans.
Dr. Frisk relocated to New York City in 2010, and held a faculty appointment at the SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn. She joined NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College in June 2013. Dr. Frisk is excited to be a part of the Weill Cornell Department of Anesthesiology and is especially looking forward to teaching residents and medical students, as well as being involved in research projects in the Department.