You are here
New York, NY 10016
New York, NY 10023
Staten Island, NY 10306
First and foremost, I see my role as a physician is that of a problem solver. I find that listening closely to patients and showing compassion is the key to success.
Arriving at a correct diagnosis is usually straightforward but sometimes we rely on high tech tests to point us in the right direction or confirm the diagnosis. Over the years, I have found that most patients with difficult, long standing ENT problems, require a step back and a new perspective, usually searching for underlying contributing factors and addressing them.
Specialties & Expertise
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Sinus Disease
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Problems
- Sinus Surgery
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Otolaryngologist
Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Otolaryngology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1979
- B.A., Brandeis University, 1975
- A.B., Boston University, 1972
Honors & Awards
Castle Connolly Top 2004-2015 and New York Times Magazine SuperDoctors 2015.
Dr. Scott Gold is a native New Yorker. He graduated from the Bronx High School Science, Brandeis University and the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
Dr. Gold completed his General Surgery training and Otolaryngology Residency at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. He is board certified in Otolaryngology.
An early proponent of minimally invasive endoscopic sinus surgery, Dr. Gold founded the New York Sinus Center in 1993.
In addition to sinus patients, Dr Gold sees patients with general ENT problems and has a special interest in hearing loss.
A hearing aid user himself, he is an expert in hearing technology.