Roniel Weinberg, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Pain Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Lower Back Pain
- Low Back and Neck Pain
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2002
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist
BiographyDr. Roniel Weinberg is Board Certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine from the American Board of Anesthesiology. His medical philosophy is to place the patient first; he feels that it is his honor to serve as the patient’s physician. As such, he uses the most up to date research to individualize treatment plans for each patient. He places compassion and caring at the forefront in his approach to treating patients. Dr. Weinberg splits his time between the treatment of chronic pain, acute pain and anesthesia, where he focuses on regional and obstetrical anesthesia. He has a particular interest in the integration of regional anesthesia and multimodal techniques to treat acute and post-operative pain. In addition, he has a special interest in assessing and treating chronic pain of the low back, neck, joints, and muscles. He offers expertise in providing a wide range of treatment modalities, including non-invasive laser therapy and the newest interventional techniques. He places a unique focus on the use of non-narcotic techniques and medications when appropriate and possible. He has recently started to integrate ultrasound guided techniques towards the treatment of chronic pain.
Dr. Weinberg works towards developing a comprehensive plan for the treatment of his patients’ pain via collaboration with the Weill Cornell Departments of Neurosurgery, Neurology, Orthopedic Surgery, Psychiatry and Rehabilitative Medicine, as well as the patient’s primary care physician.
Prior to joining the faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2008, Dr. Weinberg completed the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Tri-Institute Pain Fellowship Program: Weill Cornell Medical College, Hospital for Special Surgery, and Memorial-Sloan Kettering. He finished his residency in anesthesiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical College in 2007 and received his Medical Degree from New York University School of Medicine in 2002.