You are here
Specialties & Expertise
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
- Diagnostic Radiology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Virginia School of Medicine, 1999
- B.A., Amherst College, 1995
Ravi Thakur, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in body and cardiovascular imaging. He is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Thakur earned his B.A. in Neuroscience from Amherst College, Amherst, Mass. and was awarded his M.D. degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia in 1999.
After a transitional internship year at Saint Vincent's Hospital, New York, NY Dr. Thakur was a resident in Diagnostic Radiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Mass (2000-2002) and at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center (2002-2004). Dr. Thakur was elected to serve as Chief Resident in 2003. Dr. Thakur received Fellowship training in body MRI at New York University (NYU) Medical Center in 2004-2005.
Dr. Thakur's clinical expertise is in MRI and cross-sectional body imaging. He interprets a variety of studies (MRI, CT, PET-CT and ultrasound) involving the chest, abdomen, pelvis, and cardiovascular system.
Dr. Thakur achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in June 2004.
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Thakur is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Before joining the Weill Cornell faculty, Dr. Thakur was with Stamford Radiological Associates (2005-2011) in Stamford, Connecticut. He served as the Interim Chair of the Department of Radiology at Stamford Hospital from March 2009 to June 2011 and was named to "Connecticut Magazine Top Doctors" in 2010 and 2011.
Dr. Thakur is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
· American College of Radiology (ACR)
· Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
· American Roentgen Ray Society