Dr. Robert Tanouye is Director of Clinical Services at NYP/Weill Cornell Medical Center Emergency Department and the Director of Healthcare Leadership and Management (Administration) Fellowship. He serves as the Associate Director of Healthcare Leadership and Management Scholars Program in Department of Emergency Medicine for Weill Cornell Medicine medical students. He completed New York Presbyterian's Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) Academy for Physicians.
He serves as the Physican Liaison for Billing and Compliance for Dept of Emergency Medicine and sits on national Coding Nomenclature Advisory Committee for American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and Practice Management commitee for New York ACEP.
Dr. Tanouye holds an appointment as an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. Tanouye graduated from Tufts University School of Medicine with an MD/MBA in Health Management and completed his residency in Emergency Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/University Hospitals of Columbia and Cornell.
Dr. Tanouye is Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and clinically practices at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and NYP/Lower Manhattan Hospital.
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
Education and Training
- M.D., M.B.A., Tufts University School of Medicine, 2011
- B.S., University of California, Los Angeles, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported