Robert Tanouye, M.D., M.B.A.
Specialties and Expertise
Dr. Robert Tanouye is the associate director at NYP-Lower Manhattan Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine. He also serves as assistant director of both the Healthcare Leadership and Management Fellowship and the Healthcare Leadership and Management Scholars Program at Weill Cornell Medicine Department of Emergency Medicine. Additionally, Dr. Tanouye holds an appointment as an assistant professor of Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Tanouye earned his MD and MBA degrees from the combined MD/MBA program in Health Management at Tufts University School of Medicine and completed his residency training in Emergency Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/University Hospitals of Columbia and Cornell.
Dr. Tanouye is Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and currently practices at New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center and NYP-Lower Manhattan Hospital.
- Emergency Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., M.B.A., Tufts University School of Medicine, 2011
- B.S., University of California, Los Angeles, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans