Locations and Appointments
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve Conduction
- Nerve Conduction Study
- Myoneural Disorder
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Neurologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, 1997
Russell L. Chin, M.D. received his medical degree from the Medical School of the University of Texas Health Sciences Center in San Antonio and completed an internship in Internal Medicine at Loma Linda University Medical Center in California. He then completed Neurology residency and a fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where he also served as Chief Resident. This was followed by a clinical fellowship in Peripheral Neuropathy with Dr. Norman Latov at the Peripheral Neuropathy Center of Weill Cornell Medical College.
His clinical and research interests include the diagnosis and treatment of various autoimmune neuropathies, including chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy and multifocal motor neuropathy, and neuropathies associated with other medical illnesses such as connective tissue disease, celiac disease and infectious diseases. He also sees patients with other neuromuscular conditions, such as compressive mononeuropathies and motor neuron disease. He is the director of the EMG Laboratory at the Peripheral Neuropathy Center.
He is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Chin RL, Deng C, Bril V, Hartung HP, Merkies IS, Donofrio PD, Van Doorn PA, Dalakas MC, Latov N. Muscle Nerve. 2015 Oct;52(4):498-502. doi: 10.1002/mus.24624. Epub 2015 Jul 24.
Tzatha E, Chin RL.
J Clin Neuromuscul Dis. 2014 Sep;16(1):12-4. doi: 10.1097/CND.0000000000000047.
Nodera H, Latov N, Carey B, Langsdorf J, Bedoya V, Tacheva S, Chin RL.
Clin Neurophysiol. 2012 Feb;123(2):393-8. doi: 10.1016/j.clinph.2011.05.031. Epub 2011 Jul 20.
Chin RL, Sander HW, Brannagan TH 3rd, De Sousa E, Latov N.
J Clin Neuromuscul Dis. 2010 Jun;11(4):209-12. doi: 10.1097/CND.0b013e3181b701c1.
Chin RL, Tseng VG, Green PH, Sander HW, Brannagan TH 3rd, Latov N.
Neurology. 2006 Jun 27;66(12):1923-5.
Chin RL, Latov N, Sander HW, Hays AP, Croul SE, Magda P, Brannagan TH 3rd.
J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2004 Sep;9(3):132-7.
Chin RL, Sander HW, Brannagan TH, Green PH, Hays AP, Alaedini A, Latov N.
Neurology. 2003 May 27;60(10):1581-5. Review.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO