Richard K. Scher, M.D.
Dr. Scher is a leading expert in nail disorders, including fungal diseases, and nail surgery. He is interested in clinical research, and has established nail clinics at NYU, Brown, Columbia University, and University of North Carolina. Additionally, he is a former President of the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Scher received his medical education at Howard University College of Medicine, and trained as a resident in dermatology at New York University.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- Nail Bed Infection
- Nail Biopsy
- Nail Fungal Infection
- Nail Problem
- Debridement, Nail
- B.A., New York University, 1949
- M.A., Brooklyn College, City University of New York, 1951
- M.D., Howard University College of Medicine, 1955
- M.S., New York University, 1960