Chun-Chen (Richard) Chen, MD is a Professor of Clinical Surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine as well as an Acute, Trauma and Critical Care Surgeon at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens.
Dr. Chen received his doctor of philosophy in graduate school at Vanderbilt University Graduate School. He obtained his Medical degree from the Medical Scientist Training Program at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine where he graduated Doctor of Medicine. He completed his residency in General Surgery at Barnes –Jewish Hospital. Dr. Chen has completed his Fellowship in Surgical Critical Care at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, and is board certified in Surgical Critical Care. He was also an Instructor, Section of Acute Critical Care Surgery at Barnes –Jewish Hospital.
Dr. Chen has published his cases in various medical journals, has completed research abstracts in which, he was awarded an honorable mention. He has completed collaborated research for the department of surgery at Washington University in Saint Louis.
Dr. Chen is board certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Specialties and Expertise
- Surgery, Critical Care
- Acute Care Medicine
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Surgery (Surgical Critical Care)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Ph.D., Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2009
- M.Eng, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2000
- B.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.