Renuka Gupta, M.D.
Renuka Gupta is a hospitalist who cares for hospitalized patients only and does not have out-patient practices.
Specialties and Expertise
Renuka Gupta, MD, FHM, FACP, Associate Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine, was appointed as Chief of Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital in July 2020. Dr. Gupta has been with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center as a hospitalist since 2010. In her new role, Dr. Gupta oversees the outpatient and inpatient activities of the Department of Medicine faculty at the Lower Manhattan Hospital, and serves as a liaison among the faculty, division chiefs, and NewYork-Presbyterian leadership both at Weill Cornell and Lower Manhattan Hospital..
Along with her many years of outstanding clinical experience, Dr. Gupta is also focused on building a sense of belonging within our hospital system and has developed policies to help healthcare providers who encounter discriminatory or abusive patients. Her leadership on these issues will be critical as we continue our work to foster a culture of respect across NewYork-Presbyterian for our staff, our patients, and all the communities we serve.”
In addition to her roles as a clinician and educator, Dr. Gupta is an expert on hospital operational efficiency, hospital systems, healthcare policy, and quality improvement. In her role as Physician Liaison for Operational Efficiency in Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian, she drove improvements in efficiency and functionality in the Hospital as well as reduced average length of stay.
Dr. Gupta is also a leader in the academic domain of discrimination against healthcare providers. She has given talks on this topic at national conferences and in academic medical centers around the country. At NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, she held small huddles with staff—social workers, care coordinators, nurses, and residents—to help create a safe space where colleagues could express their feelings when they experience discrimination.
Dr. Gupta, along with the dedicated staff of the NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital is spearheading new palliative care services for one of the most vulnerable patient populations of the community.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Albany, 2012
- M.B.,B.S., PT Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Medical College (India), 1997
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported