Locations and Appointments
- Interventional Cardiology
- Non-Invasive Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Intensive Care Medicine
- Clinical Electrophysiology
- Congenital Heart Disease
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- David Wallace-Starr Foundation Professor of Clinical Pediatric Cardiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.S., University of Liverpool (United Kingdom), 2005
- M.D., University of Mainz Medical School (Germany), 1995
Quality of care, patient satisfaction and helping our patients achieve positive outcomes is at the core of my clinical work.
Dr. Ralf Holzer is the Chief of the Division of Pediatric Cardiology and Director of Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization at Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Children's Hospital /Weill Cornell Medical Center.
His own clinical focus is providing cardiac catheterization services for patients with congenital heart disease that cover the full spectrum of interventional procedures. Those include treating birth defects that cause a hole in the wall between the heart’s chambers, treating narrowed blood vessels through implantation of endovascular stents, as well as using a minimally invasive procedure to replace damaged valves. He is at the forefront of establishing and evaluating innovative procedures for patients with congenital heart disease, and collaborates with interventional cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons. In addition, he has a strong academic focus on outcomes research, quality improvement and risk adjustment.
Dr. Holzer received his medical degree from the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz in Germany. He completed his residency training in Germany and the United Kingdom, and his cardiology fellowship training at the Royal Liverpool Children’s Hospital in the United Kingdom. He also completed an advanced fellowship in transcatheter interventions at the University of Chicago Children’s Hospital. Following his training, Dr. Holzer worked as a consultant in pediatric cardiology and led interventional services at the Royal Liverpool Children’s Hospital. He subsequently served for nine years as an attending physician and co-director of the cardiac catheterization laboratory at Nationwide’s Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, before moving to the Sidra Medical and Research Center in Qatar in 2014.
Dr. Holzer has published more than 80 articles in peer-reviewed journals such as Pediatrics, Circulation, JACC, Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention, Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiology in the Young, and many more. He is the author of more than 20 book chapters and numerous scientific abstracts and is committed to medical education. Dr. Holzer also holds a Master of Science in Information Technology, with distinction, from the University of Liverpool.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans