Pooja Renjen, M.D.
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Pediatric Radiology
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2000
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2004
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Pooja Renjen, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Pediatric Radiology. She is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Renjen earned her B.A. from Johns Hopkins University with a double major in biology and economics in 2000 and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa upon graduation. She was awarded her M.D. degree from New York University School of Medicine in 2004 and was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society.
Dr. Renjen was an intern in Internal Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) in Philadelphia and remained at HUP for a residency in Diagnostic Radiology (2005-2009). Dr. Renjen was elected and served as Chief Resident in the last year of her residency at HUP. She then completed a year of Fellowship training (2009-2010) in Pediatric Radiology at the prestigious Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Dr. Renjen was on staff at Hackensack University Medical Center in New Jersey as a Pediatric Radiology & Body Imaging attending radiologist before joining the Weill Cornell Medical College faculty in July 2013.
Dr. Renjen achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in June 2009 and earned her Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in the subspecialty of Pediatric Radiology in October 2012.
Dr. Renjen’s clinical expertise is in Pediatric Radiology. She interprets a variety of studies including radiographs, CT, ultrasound and MRI on pediatric patients. She also performs fluoroscopic procedures including upper GIs, barium enemas, and voiding cystourethrograms.
Dr. Renjen’s research interests are continually growing and include infectious diseases, inflammatory bowel disease and pediatric genitourinary tract disorders. Dr. Renjen has a keen interest in international radiology outreach and education. She has spent time in both Botswana and Ethiopia where she founded a radiology resident elective and has participated in teaching a pediatric radiology fellowship, respectively.
In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Renjen is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students. Dr. Renjen is a member of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).