My career is dedicated to the care of people with serious injuries from trauma and burns. We strive not only for survival, but also quality of life.
Each day is a gift.
Specialties and Expertise
- Surgery, General
- General Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Burn Surgery
- Wound Healing
Born: Glen Ridge, NJ. School: Public school, Montclair, NJ. College: B.A., Williams College (Major: Chemistry, Theatre). Graduate: M.A. University of Oregon (Chemistry). Medical: M.D., University of Vermont. Residency: University of Alabama, Birmingham (UAB) (Surgery). Fellowship: Harvard, Brigham & Women's Hospital (Surgical Metabolism and Nutrition).
- Instructor, Assistant and Associate Professor (Surgery), UAB.
- Associate Professor (Surgery), Washington University, St. Louis.
- Professor (Surgery), University of Rochester.
- Professor (Surgery), Weill Medical College, Cornell University.
- Chief of Trauma and Burns, UAB Hospitals.
- Director of Trauma, Burns Critical Care, Barnes Hospital (St. Louis).
- Director of Trauma, Burns, Critical Care, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester.
- Associate Director, William Randolph Heast Burn Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Castle Connolly 2011-2014, "Best Doctors in America"
US News & World Report, 2011-2014, "America's Top Doctors"
Castle Connolly Best Doctors in America, 2010-2014
New York SuperDoctors, 2009-2014
Alpha Omega Alpha.
Gilbert W. Gabriel Award in Theatre.
NDEA Title IV Graduate Fellowship
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Surgery (Surgical Critical Care)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Aronson Family Foundation Professor in Burn Care - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1975
- M.A., University of Oregon, 1970
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.