Locations and Appointments
- Surgery, General
- General Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Burn Surgery
- Wound Healing
- Surgical Critical Care
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Aronson Family Foundation Professor in Burn Care - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Surgeon - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1975
- M.A., University of Oregon, 1970
My career is dedicated to the care of people with serious injuries from trauma and burns. We strive not only for survival, but also quality of life.
Each day is a gift.
Born: Glen Ridge, NJ.
School: Public school, Montclair, NJ.
College: B.A., Williams College (Major: Chemistry, Theatre).
Graduate: M.A. University of Oregon (Chemistry).
Medical: M.D., University of Vermont.
Residency: University of Alabama, Birmingham (UAB) (Surgery).
Fellowship: Harvard, Brigham & Women's Hospital (Surgical Metabolism and Nutrition).
- Instructor, Assistant and Associate Professor (Surgery), UAB.
- Associate Professor (Surgery), Washington University, St. Louis.
- Professor (Surgery), University of Rochester.
- Professor (Surgery), Weill Medical College, Cornell University.
- Chief of Trauma and Burns, UAB Hospitals.
- Director of Trauma, Burns Critical Care, Barnes Hospital (St. Louis).
- Director of Trauma, Burns, Critical Care, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester.
- Associate Director, William Randolph Heast Burn Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Castle Connolly 2011-2014, "Best Doctors in America"
US News & World Report, 2011-2014, "America's Top Doctors"
Castle Connolly Best Doctors in America, 2010-2014
New York SuperDoctors, 2009-2014
Alpha Omega Alpha.
Gilbert W. Gabriel Award in Theatre.
NDEA Title IV Graduate Fellowship