My career is dedicated to the care of people with serious injuries from trauma and burns. We strive not only for survival, but also quality of life.
Each day is a gift.
Specialties and Expertise
- Surgery, General
- General Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Burn Surgery
- Wound Healing
Born: Glen Ridge, NJ. School: Public school, Montclair, NJ. College: B.A., Williams College (Major: Chemistry, Theatre). Graduate: M.A. University of Oregon (Chemistry). Medical: M.D., University of Vermont. Residency: University of Alabama, Birmingham (UAB) (Surgery). Fellowship: Harvard, Brigham & Women's Hospital (Surgical Metabolism and Nutrition).
- Instructor, Assistant and Associate Professor (Surgery), UAB.
- Associate Professor (Surgery), Washington University, St. Louis.
- Professor (Surgery), University of Rochester.
- Professor (Surgery), Weill Medical College, Cornell University.
- Chief of Trauma and Burns, UAB Hospitals.
- Director of Trauma, Burns Critical Care, Barnes Hospital (St. Louis).
- Director of Trauma, Burns, Critical Care, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester.
- Associate Director, William Randolph Heast Burn Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Castle Connolly 2011-2014, "Best Doctors in America"
US News & World Report, 2011-2014, "America's Top Doctors"
Castle Connolly Best Doctors in America, 2010-2014
New York SuperDoctors, 2009-2014
Alpha Omega Alpha.
Gilbert W. Gabriel Award in Theatre.
NDEA Title IV Graduate Fellowship
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Surgery (Surgical Critical Care)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Aronson Family Foundation Professor in Burn Care - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1975
- M.A., University of Oregon, 1970
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported