My commitment as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon is to provide the highest level of care to all my patients. My surgical goals are to always keep my patients comfortable at all times and delivering minimally invasive surgery for the best possible recovery achievable. I diligently follow and contribute to evidence-based research to stay up to date with surgical advancements and techniques. I am dedicated to serving the community, and helping to train future dentists and oral and maxillofacial surgeons.
Specialties and Expertise
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Dental Implant
- Dento-Alveolar Surgery
- Facial Trauma
- Orthognathic Surgery
- Jaw Reconstruction
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Pain
Peter Chen, D.D.S, M.S, is an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the division of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Surgeon at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Chen is a board eligible oral and maxillofacial surgeon, specializing in the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with a focus on facial trauma surgery, corrective jaw procedures and the treatment of skeletal facial deformity, TMJ Surgery, and benign pathology. He also performs office-based dental surgery procedures under IV sedation such as wisdom teeth extraction, biopsies, and dental implants.
Dr. Chen completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at NYC Health + Hospitals/Woodhull in Brooklyn, NY. He also completed a residency in general dentistry at James J Peters Veteran Affairs Medical Center in Bronx, NY.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Attending Surgeon - NewYork-Presbyterian Queens
- Assistant Professor of Surgery (Dentistry, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery) - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- D.D.S., State University of New York at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, 2016
- M.S., Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2012
- M.S., University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, 2010
- B.S., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 2007
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.